Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered 31 May 2011
Built 9 December 2011
Presently in transit somewhere on the Continent.

Is this experience normal? I am told it is because i ordered a 2.0 TDI 170 Elegance 4x4.

So much for the 22 week delivery quote. Already had to abandon my present car once this winter and walk home so hoping for a rapid delivery.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi that is about right for a 170 usually takes about 3 weeks from build to delivery

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mountain Goat said:
Ordered 31 May 2011
Built 9 December 2011
Presently in transit somewhere on the Continent.

Is this experience normal? I am told it is because i ordered a 2.0 TDI 170 Elegance 4x4.

So much for the 22 week delivery quote. Already had to abandon my present car once this winter and walk home so hoping for a rapid delivery.

My current position is waiting on a 2.0170 bhp 4 x 4in Bronze(Diesel) Elegance:-

Ordered 2 April 2011

Estimated Build Date Late January 2012

Estimated Delivery Date End February 2012

If the above is as good as my Octavia Vrs 170 bhp, it will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I think this sounds about right, IIRC there was an article in Auto Express saying there is anything up to a 10 month wait depending on spec etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I took delivery of my 1.6 Elegance Greenline II in October after a 7 month wait, and was told by the dealer that a similar spec would now be the subject of a 12 month wait, due to one of the Czech factories being given over to producing left hand drive vehicles for the Chinese market.

Cold comfort I know, but if my experience in the last couple of months is anything to go by, it is, as you said, well worth the wait!

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still waiting, but understand the car is now in the uk. Should receive the car in the next week or so. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Mountain Goat said:
Still waiting, but understand the car is now in the uk. Should receive the car in the next week or so. Can't wait!

The last few days is always the longest part of the wait. so near yet so far away, but it will be worth it

·
Administrator
14,190 Posts
Can you let us know when it arrives, mine was ordered on September 12th (140 Elegance 4x4) and is being built this week so I am almost in the same boat. It will be interesting to know how long I have left to go,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which model are you waiting for and how long have you been waiting? I wanted a Greenline but could not wait 3/4months so I bought a low mileage demonstrator 2litre diesel. Might at some stage
order a Greenline and put up with the wait.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mike, why such a desire for the Greenline? If you now have a perfectly good, low mileage, 2.0 diesel then why change? I always thought the Greenline had a lower spec level than standard models and although the mpg may be slightly better it would take a while for that to outweigh the trade in loss with your current one.

I must add here that I have little knowledge of the Greenline model so am happy to be blown out of the water on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elegance 170. I understand there were some specific issues for engine parts for this model. Good news though - I pick up the beast in Ayr tomorrow lunchtime!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Edmund
You are probably right about changing. I do know the Greenline is now available in all specs up to elegance.I am keen on low emitionds but I do think you are right about changing at the moment ....maybe for the future.
Regards Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took delivery of my Yeti on Friday at last. Elegance TDI 170 in Black with heated windscreen, tyre pressure monitor and 3 spoke steering wheel. 28 weeks from order to build and 4 weeks from build to delivery in the end.

Delighted so far. First real run out was a journey from Glasgow to Aberdeen and back. Nice not to worry about the road conditions after my BMW 320d. Managed about 46mpg which was better than the BMW, and the handling and road holding felt as good. The 170 ps engine makes it feel very light on its feet Build quality excellent.

Only negatives are the flimsy boot floor, and the remote locking which does not open the rear doors on the first press, Guess I just have get used to the differences from the previous car.

Certainly worth the wait, but less wait would have been better!

Steve

·
Administrator
14,190 Posts
Mine was built a week ago and is currently waiting at Emden, hopefully it will arrive soon. I think I read somewhere that the remote can be progamed to open all the doors at once, it might be worth having a word with the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Richard said:
Hi!

I took delivery of my 1.6 Elegance Greenline II in October after a 7 month wait, and was told by the dealer that a similar spec would now be the subject of a 12 month wait, due to one of the Czech factories being given over to producing left hand drive vehicles for the Chinese market.

Cold comfort I know, but if my experience in the last couple of months is anything to go by, it is, as you said, well worth the wait!

Good luck.

Hi Richard,

I'm afraid it is not true...

I'm sitting in Beijing, can tell you so far there is no Yeti selling in China, and no news about when Yeti will be imported into Chinese market, only knowing by 2013 it'll be produced by a VW factory in Shanghai...

Looking forward to having one here....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mountain Goat said:
Only negatives are the flimsy boot floor, and the remote locking which does not open the rear doors on the first press, Guess I just have get used to the differences from the previous car.
Steve
Go to Setup in the Maxidot display. You can change the locking settings to one press for all doors - as well as a lot of other things.

The two press operation is a default set as a safety operation. The idea is to stop unwanted passengers getting in!!! I have disabled mine but it is there if I need it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For those who don't have an Elegance model, and so can not change to single blip opening all doors via Maxidot, then your dealer can sort this out in about two minutes and should not charge you for it.

It is the first time I have come against this and I hated it. I had the car back to the dealers within 48 hrs to get it reprogrammed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts