Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on more than one occasion I have been locked out of my Yeti with the keys inside, luckily I have been at home and have a spare key.
So the question is how do you turn that function off?

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
It should not happen so I doubt if an option to disable it.
Only way I know to lock keys in the Yeti is to open the hatch with the centre button on fob then lay keys in the boot and shut the hatch, it will autolock if the car was locked up to begin with.

Not that it makes any difference has your car got keyless ignition (kessy)?

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Mine had both sets of keys locked in the boot the day I collected it brand new from the dealer. As far as I know it can't be turned off but should not happen if the key is in the ignition barrel, otherwise it self locks after thirty seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
So far as I’ve heard, the only thing that may be variable, is the time delay before the car locks itself if you walk away when there is no key in the ignition barrel and all the doors shut? But don’t ask me how you get to it? The Maxidot settings are a o_O to me. Possibly because most of the destructions how to reach them are written for cars with the multi-function steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
So far as I’ve heard, the only thing that may be variable, is the time delay before the car locks itself if you walk away when there is no key in the ignition barrel and all the doors shut?
Only way it locks like that is if unlocked on key fob and no doors opened for about 30 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Yes, once you open a door or boot it won't lock until you tell it to. I never use the middle button, as that is the only way to lock keys in the boot, by closing it again with keys inside. It locks instantly if the rest of the car is still locked.
Anyway, has never worked on mine as it always catches on the second catch and I have to unlock the whole car so the button works to open the boot. Dealer has not been able to adjust it to get it working. Same on previous Yeti.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Yes, once you open a door or boot it won't lock until you tell it to.
Oh yes it will!!!!! Mine did on the forecourt of Rainworth when I was collecting it. I was fitting number plates with sticky pads as they refused to (they had some fall off). I opened the drivers door put plates and pads on the driver seat, fitted front plate, closed drivers door and went to fit rear plate, then the car self locked. I asked the salesman for the second key but he said they were both together. I suggested they program another key, but they couldn't do it without opening the door, and a new key would have to come from the factory. They suggested breaking a window, that was on a brand new car still on their forecourt!!!!!!!. Luckily the hatch was on the first "notch" and a Skoda assist driver spent over an hour and with a very stiff wire managed to turn the key over and press the release button.
So never say never.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I never use the middle button, as that is the only way to lock keys in the boot, by closing it again with keys inside. It locks instantly if the rest of the car is still locked.
Same here, Ken. I (and probably many others) learnt this the hard way. And I never, ever close the boot unless I have the fob in my hand.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I have several keys and was always fumbling for the correct one, so I now have a chain secured to a belt loop so I can pull the chain to get the keys out. As we have KESSY, this means the car key is always in my pocket. PS The first person who says I must look flushed goes straight to Bob's naughty seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts