Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an intermittent problem whereby when unlocking the car opening the tailgate is not registering causing the CL to auto relock after 20 or 30 seconds.

Clearly when say loading shopping etc. into the back this creates the potential for getting locked out if you absent mindedly put the keys down and shut the tailgate!!!!!!!

I had exactly the same issue with my MK1 Octy and it turned out to be the comfort module itself the 'fix' for which was to parallel the sense wire from the tailgate to the drivers door wire at the comfort module making it think the the tailgate was that.

On the Yeti being intermittent suggests it's a local problem to do with the tailgate latch and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution?

In the interim I'm planning to have a spare key blade cut to hide on the outside of the car so in the worst case it can be used to open the drivers door.

·
Registered
852 Posts
This problem has been mentioned on here before. I am into the habit of always putting the keys in my pocket whenever I’m loading anything into the boot or indeed in the front (just in case).

·
Registered
387 Posts
It is an annoying feature,to prevent the 30 second re lock,and or alarm,I usually open a side door too,and don’t use the tailgate only button.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do put the keys in my pocket but there's always that 'senior moment'.

Opening another door is easier said then (remembering) to do. OK if you have a passenger.

My spare key blade option trumps all, assuming I remember where I've hidden it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
27 Posts
My spare key blade option trumps all, assuming I remember where I've hidden it!!!!!!!!!!
... and that some ne'er do well doesn't find it first!

Also, are there any insurance implications if a vehicle is broken into or stolen using a key that was left unprotected on it?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Is there a option to turn off this "feature" in VCDS? In my opinion its disadvantages far outweigh any advantages.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I hear what you say but believe me in terms of vehicle crime/theft, and in fact crime in general, Spain is a VERY VERY different place to UK !!!!!!

Also a blade alone would only be good for entry not starting the car.

To Dave: I understand the reasoning behind auto locking however given the degree of positivity required to depress the buttons on the remote I consider it near impossible to do accidentally and therefore a negligible risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts