Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
but this isn’t a political discussion thread.
You wouldn't like it if we had to release the schoolmistress, because of lockdown she now makes Nora Batty look attractive. :)

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
Japanese machinery needs extensive modifications to add guarding compliant with UK regulations. The Japanese are highly disciplined with the attitude that it would be foolish to try to access a working machine and light guards are sufficient. In the UK people are very efficient at injuring themselves, for example using broom handles to deactivate cut-outs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can code this out no problem -> i.e code the functionality in reverse. So normal behavior is start-stop disabled, and when you press the button it will enable start stop.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
you can code this out no problem -> i.e code the functionality in reverse. So normal behavior is start-stop disabled, and when you press the button it will enable start stop.
Can you provide the EXACT details of that, since on this and the other forum no-one has ever managed to do it?

Reactions: Trilux

·
Administrator
5,707 Posts
It has been a common question on here over the years so a simple solution that works would be very useful.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
852 Posts
picked up my yeti, but it doesn't have start-stop, so won't be able to perform this coding.
I’m sure there are quite a few others as well as myself, who would be interested to see how you proposed to do this. I spent quite a lot of time on VCDS going down various blind alleys and never managed to achieve it.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to disable the start / stop system with VCDS. ("A" symbol with a line is displayed in MFD and engine is not stopped, even in the situation of engine stop)
19-CAN Gateway → 10 (adaptation) → CH13 → change 002000 to D02000
By changing 002000 to D02000, field 1 was changed from -50.0 degrees to +54.0 degrees. field 2 remains -50.0 degrees (field 1/2 is VCDS display)
However, I'm not sure why changing field 1 to +54.0 degrees disables the start / stop system.
Does anyone know the meaning or unit of this value?
Also, do you know if this setting change has any bad effect on the vehicle?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well done! The reason probably is that the stop/start would only operate if the temperature was more than -50’C. With your new setting, it will only work if the temperature is more than +50’C. As that is not likely to happen, you have disabled the stop/start. Please do keep us informed once you have tried it for a while. 👍

Reactions: yeti_japan

·
Registered
22 Posts
That makes sense!
I've been driving with this setting for about a month, but the engine has not stopped so far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeti_Japan: Brilliant. I had suggested this on the forum a couple(?) of years back having picked up the temperature switching logic from elsewhere but until now nobody was able to get the coding to work. So as I say "brilliant" and thanks.

Be interested to hear feedback from others who might try it. (I can't as thankfully I do not have Stop/Start but I have a friend who does and desperately wants to get rid of it)

Definitely one for Yetipedia Mr Hood (trust you are recovering from your lurgey)

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Already on the to do list, although it would be good to hear that someone over here has tried it and that it works. Just in case there is something in place to prevent it being done.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I started the Yeti service today. So far I've changed the air and pollen filters and done a full fault scan with VCDS. I still have oil and filter change, fuel filter, Haldex, brakes checks and all the other little things to do over the next couple of weeks.

I was able to disable the start / stop system with VCDS. ("A" symbol with a line is displayed in MFD and engine is not stopped, even in the situation of engine stop)
19-CAN Gateway → 10 (adaptation) → CH13 → change 002000 to D02000
By changing 002000 to D02000, field 1 was changed from -50.0 degrees to +54.0 degrees. field 2 remains -50.0 degrees (field 1/2 is VCDS display)
However, I'm not sure why changing field 1 to +54.0 degrees disables the start / stop system.
Does anyone know the meaning or unit of this value?
Also, do you know if this setting change has any bad effect on the vehicle?
While I had the laptop out I thought I'd try this but selecting Channel 13 just gets an error message. However, if you go into Coding (instead of adaption) and then Long Coding Helper, you can find the relevant Byte/Bit for battery voltage and temperature limits. I've not tried altering those values yet because . . . . . .

In Controller 09, Central Electrics, in Coding/Long Coding Helper, Byte26, Bit 7, there is a tick box for "Enabling Stop/Start Functions" so I removed the tick and the coding was accepted.
It couldn't be that simple; could it? Sadly no; on a test drive and once the engine was up the the correct temperature Stop/Start still worked. Borrocks.

Still in Controller 09, I found Byte 8, Bit 6, Synchronised mirror adjustment, and removed the tick for that one. That has worked.

In Controller 01, Engine, under Coding, Byte 0, Bit 0-2 I changed the manufacturer from Skoda (01) to Audi (02). This is supposed to make throttle application more responsive but after my short test drive the jury's still out.

There were lots of options to change how lots of lights work but remembering the issues that Trilux had with changes that are irreversible with VCDS, I left them well alone.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
But for me, pressing the stop/start over-ride button has become as much part of the launch procedure as pulling out the choke used to be.
For me, pressing the override button when stop/start first activates has become the norm, hence the interest in finding a neat 'n' tidy way of disabling it.

I did find some information about changing the value in Channel 34 of the Central Electrics Controller, but this channel is 'not available' in my car and therefore has no initial value that I can alter.
The change in value would have had stop/start OFF at every engine start but retain the option to use the button to turn stop/start ON.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts