Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 1.2 TSi and whilst driving today the autolock/unlock for the doors began locking and unlocking, it continued until I got home approx 5miles away when it started. I noticed that when it happened the battery light came on.
Has anyone else had the same issue.

Thank in advance

Jamie

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
Kessy?

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
As suggested in the near identical thread, if you have KESSY perhaps the battery in your fob needs to be changed as it may be failing and the system keeps thinks you are coming and going from the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As suggested in the near identical thread, if you have KESSY perhaps the battery in your fob needs to be changed as it may be failing and the system keeps thinks you are coming and going from the car.
I don't have a kessy, it's a key but could it be the battery in the key? I also have a spare key so I could try that and see it happens again

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
it's a key but could it be the battery in the key?
The battery in the key is only used when a button is pressed so doubt it's that or even a button stuck down if it happened at the same time as the warning light on dash came on.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The battery warning light on the display unit
That's what I thought; the one that looks like a battery in red. The issue is nothing to do with the key/fob then.

Alternator fault? Earth cable between engine and body frame fault? Or even an issue with breaks in one or more wires inside the flexible rubber cable trunk that runs between the driver's door and the A pillar.

A scan for fault codes may well point the way.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I thought; the one that looks like a battery in red. The issue is nothing to do with the key/fob then.

Alternator fault? Earth cable between engine and body frame fault? Or even an issue with breaks in one or more wires inside the flexible rubber cable trunk that runs between the driver's door and the A pillar.

A scan for fault codes may well point the way.
Thanks for the feedback, I tried changing the key and it didn't work. I noticed today that it only starts to unlock/lock if I turn right. If I turn left its okay

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I noticed today that it only starts to unlock/lock if I turn right. If I turn left its okay
That may indicate an issue with the 'clock spring' behind the steering wheel which provides the connections to the steering wheel buttons. With no lock/unlock button on the steering wheel, quite how that would happen escapes me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts