Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have been thinking about getting a Skoda yeti for quite some time, I found a 2015 Outdoor 4x4 tdi cr that has the options I like. However it is an auto box which I would usually avoid.
Anyone have experience of the auto and can help persuade me, are they as reliable, driveable etc

many thanks
Robin

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi Bobbin, mine is similar to your car. Choose the automatic because previous manual golf played up my sciatica when in heavy traffic. Wouldn't go back to a manual now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bobbin, mine is similar to your car. Choose the automatic because previous manual golf played up my sciatica when in heavy traffic. Wouldn't go back to a manual now.
Is the DSG box the one that is also semi auto as well or does it depend on model? Thanks by the way, I am going to try and view it tomorrow.

·
Administrator
6,122 Posts
All "automatics" are DSG which is really an automatic clutch and not the torque converter type auto often found traditional automatics. On the diesel it's a 6 speed wet box that needs oil changes every 40,000 miles. Make sure it has been done as well as the 4X4 Haldex unit which also needs regular maintenance of oil change and filter cleaning or you end up driving a 2X4.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, very informative. Its only got 30K on it so the wet box oil may not have been changed. Good to know I will need to have it done soon.
What should the service interval be on the Haldex?

·
Administrator
6,122 Posts
I think it's every three years regardless of mileage but I have a 2X4 so needs confirming.

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
810 Posts
6 speed wetclutch DSG (DQ250) requires an oil change every 40k miles or 4 years.
Haldex on 4x4 requires oil change every 3 years or 30k miles. (Also recomennded filter on Gen 4's and gauze clean on Gen 5)
7 speed dry clutch DSG (DQ200) on lower torque FWD models does not require servicing but has more known issues.

I've had 5 DQ200's and 3 DQ250's. The wetclutch is the better gearbox.

Reactions: Bobbin

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get a 2.0 diesel DSG Yeti and you'll never stop smiling! Clutch pedals are like starting handles - used to need them, know how to use them, don't want another.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
The wet clutch version and dsg on the diesel car should last a huge mileage as long as oil changes are done, unlike the dry clutch version in petrol cars which suffer normal clutch wear.
I had this in my last Yeti and will never go back to manual now as so much better to drive.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Hi Bobbin and welcome to the forum. The DSG is brilliant! Our last Yeti and our current Karoq have the DSG and I'd never have a manual gearbox again. The car is always in the correct gear and it is so relaxing to go on a drive on a hilly route, but if you want to take control, then just go into manual. It's 'brain' ensures that you can't engage manual at too low or high revs.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,090 Posts
Must admit I was very suspicious of the DSG type gearboxes, but having bought a Niro, which has Kia's version, I am now a keen supporter.

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,041 Posts
My only misgiving about DSG boxes is that the relatively few that do go wong, can be eye-wateringly expensive to fix. Especially the 7-speed, dry clutch versions, as fitted to lower powered cars. They're a bit like conventional torque converter auto-boxes in that respect. Big ££££s for those that do fail. Which is partly why I try to stay clear of them for cars that I'm planning to keep past 250,000 miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.