Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When filling up with diesel it is difficult to get the nozzle fully into the filler pipe. Is the obstruction in the picture intended to stop diesel being put into a petrol vehicle (should it have been removed?). I am concerned that as it is awkward getting the nozzle in and out that the repeated knocking and forcing against the same area will cause damage to the filler pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Not had a problem filling up, so have not looked in mine will try and have a look tomorrow in daylight and report back, I know the gun will not go in as far as the splash ring but have never had any fuel splash out

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Looked at mine and looks the same as yours

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for having a look,it's handy that there is someone to compare with. I was convinced it was to restrict the inlet size for a petrol engine, I wonder what it is for?.
6 days and 400 miles on, the Yeti has lots of things to find and get used to, it makes my old Mazda seem primitive.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I know I was still finding things after a year, found out what the hill hold control feels like today on a little off road adventure with my dealer, will put up a few pics in the gallery soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I know where you're coming from. It's not the easiest car in the world to fill. I think compared to my old 156, it's because the filler neck is higher up so you have to consciously lift & angle the nozzle more. l seem to get the nozzle jammed in more so these days though. Glad it's not like the Q5 which also has the fill point for the "eco wee-wee" tank in there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts