Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our 2014 Yeti Outdoor S Greenline II yesterday and were over the moon. Today we had our first family day out Yeti adventure and all was going well until the car hit it's first 50 miles. A loud knocking noise appeared under acceleration and we had to pull off the road as it became so bad.

Skoda assist came out and were completly confused, the whole family and car had to be recovered from Manchester back to the Mitchell Skoda dealership at Cheshire Oaks.

The dealership were great and had another Yeti ready for us to use while ours is looked at but Skoda assist and senior Skoda technician at the dealership are completely confused.

Apart from loosing a family day out and having dissapointed kids who had been promised a trip to the museums, my confidence in the Yeti had been shaken.

I would love to hear if anyone else had come across a similar issue?

I will update as soon as the mystery has been solved.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi DarrellT, really sorry to hear about your problem, only have 2K miles on mine but all trouble free. Have not been made aware by any other Yeti owners on this site of similar trouble as you. Keep us posted please.
Hope the loan vehicle is trouble free for you!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi DarrellT, I'm really sorry to hear of your woes with the new Yeti. Not heard of anything like your problem before. I hope this issue is sorted out very quickly to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke the dealership (Mitchell Skoda), who have been fantastic by the way, techs are looking at the car now but still a lot of head scratching going on!

Ill hopefully have a answer by mid afternoon today.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi and welcome Darrell. Sorry to hear about your woes.

Again as reassurance I am 10 weeks and 1250 miles into my Yeti ownership and can report its been trouble free so far.

Hope they sort it quickly, (I have money on it being something and nothing and despite your obvious concerns) and keep us posted on what the problem is.

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi DarrellT. Your bad experience is definitely not normal for a new Yeti. I hope it gets fixed soon and it proves to be something simple.
The only thing that comes to mind with that sort of noise would be loose wheel nuts. Please keep us informed of the outcome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
DarrellT said:
Spoke the dealership (Mitchell Skoda), who have been fantastic by the way, techs are looking at the car now but still a lot of head scratching going on!

Ill hopefully have a answer by mid afternoon today.
HI Darrell
How have things progressed after your rather dodgy start to Yeti ownership?

Your dealer at least sounded concerned & helpful initially, you have lots of members wishingyou well, when you get time we would appreciate an update.
Best of luck in getting back on the road ASAP.

JOOKS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update time!

The car has been back twice and is hopefully now sorted.

It was diagnosed as a software issue causing a problem with ignition timing in the adaptive injectors. The car still only has 150 miles on so the ECU is in 'learning mode' for a while yet. The ECU has been wiped and the latest software loaded, everything is reset so the car now thinks it has new injectors. The engine still seems noisy (like an old diesel taxi) at low revs but I'll run it for a while and see if things settle down.

Thanks for all your input and I'll update as things progress.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi DarellT, hope this works out for you, would hate to have a Yeti driver who was not happy with their vehicle..

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the update DarrellT. Some small comfort can be had in that it was something simple, if rather elusive, and relatively easily fixed. Hopefully everything will be smooth from now on. They really are a great vehicle to own. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi DarrellT,

Experiencing a problem so soon after taking delivery of your new Yeti, sure is a confidence shaker. However, after 18 months and 24000km or about 15000miles I have experienced no problems with my Yeti. Last September / October we drove from Perth, Western Australia to Manfield, Victoria a round trip of a little over 8000km and when you face the long stretches of the Nullarbor you sure are pleased to be driving a reliable vehicle. Do move on mentally and enjoy your new ride and remember that which does not kill us, strengthens us! You will laugh about it in a couple of months time.

·
Registered
828 Posts
BanjoBach, Your photo warning of wildlife likely to be met over the next 97km. I see there may be 'roos and camels, but what are the giant guinea pig lookalike's?

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Lol it's a wombat - maybe a hairy nosed wombat!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
igg said:
BanjoBach, Your photo warning of wildlife likely to be met over the next 97km. I see there may be 'roos and camels, but what are the giant guinea pig lookalike's?
They are the tree-less form of the famous Drop-Bear. They feed on lost tourists. Very dangerous.
You can sometimes attract them towards you by calling the name "Fatso". Very common near a place called "Wandin Valley".

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
263 Posts
plbxr said:
igg said:
They are the tree-less form of the famous Drop-Bear. They feed on lost tourists. Very dangerous.
You can sometimes attract them towards you by calling the name "Fatso". Very common near a place called "Wandin Valley".

Must be a close relative of our ferocious "Haggis".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having owned both the 110 2litre and the Greenline, I can say that the 1.6 engine does sound less refined, but you'll grow used to it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts