Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from another jaunt into the wilds and beyond.I know it's very small and some of us dont see to well but check out the temp yesterday(sat) as we travelled home.It's November for gawd sake.It was pretty cold and damp in the Dordogne with a very hard frost at night.12 hour's later and it's back to short's n tee shirt.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Not quite that warm here but when I got into the car to come home from work today the aircon came on!Climate control set at 20c. Funny I was sure it's November.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You guys may be in for a warmish winter
. It's only 19 C here today.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I could do with a bit of that sunshine - right now!Mind you all you folk with Winter Tyres must be getting desparate to get them fitted!

·
Registered
760 Posts
A couple of weeks ago when driving from Port Augusta to Ceduna - South Australia the mercury rose to 37 degress C. The following day while crossing the Nullarbor the temperature rose to a maximum of 23 due to a cold front, which well and truely hammered us with strong winds and rain on our way home. This is good driving weather, except when you are forced to reduce your travel speed to 60km/hr because of poor visibility, caused by the lashing rain.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
JOOKS said:
I could do with a bit of that sunshine - right now!Mind you all you folk with Winter Tyres must be getting desparate to get them fitted!
Winter tyres have a higher rubber content and do not go hard below four degrees.They can be fitted now as they are better in the wet at all temperatures, but are not quite so good in the dry as modern "summer" tyres. There is often confusion with winter tyres being mixed up with snow tyres. There is a facility in the Maxidotto set a maximum speed for winter tyres, tick the box, set the speed, and you will get "bonged" and the Maxidot will tell you off! Make sure you get some which are at least H speed rated and have an adequate load rating. The original fitted tyres are W rated but I don't drive at 180 mph very often!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Hood,

My 2 wheel drive Adventure came with Dunlop Sport 01s 225/50/R17 tyres which to my mind are not as quiet as the Good Year 215/60/R16 fitted to my first 1.2TSI Yeti.

For the winter I have fitted 215/60/R16 winter tyres and they are definitely less jittery than the 17"ers.

We've been experiencing some extreme weather lately and living only a hundred metres or so from the beach and nothing between us and the USA I suspect that I may have changed over to winters just in time.

Shanco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts