Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Guess what? When I took my 2011 Yeti in for its first variable service it was returned with a new rear badge. Why? Apparently a laminating fault on these badges has prompted an internal recall and refit. If this makes no sense then you're one of the lucky ones whose car's unaffected. If you do have white worm - make sure you mention you'd like a new badge next time you're in the garage!

On another point, has anyone found their rear parking sensors are falling into their bumper cavity? I thought some miscreant toddler had poked his finger into one of mine but the mechanic evidently found it inside the bumper space - lol.

Had a Fabia as a courtesy car for the day. God, aren't they awful?! Even the blokes in the garage agreed they're crap!

Am finding other Yeti drivers enthusiastic wavers. Maybe it's just our West Country way? ;0)

Anyone thinking of organising a rally btw?

Best wishes

Yeti south west

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a common fault although my garage rather annoyingly would not order one in to replace mine until they had seen it first of all. The car was due for a service, I reported the fault, it is a well known fault but they would not act. As the dealer was a 40 mile round trip away I was not going to go back just for that so I just put up with it. Irritating at the time though.

I had more waves, smiles and conversations with strangers when I was in my Yeti than any other car. It generates warmth from people. My wife had a Fiat 500 for a spell and she had the same with that car as well.

·
Administrator
13,464 Posts
My car was serviced a couple of weeks ago, and today I noticed my tailgate badge has the dreaded white worm. I just called them and they said there was an action raised by Skoda on certain models/years and mine was not included. As it was not included they did not check but will have a look when I am next there.

Parkview Skoda Reading

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is a known problem. I took mine to Royve Roberts in Hull for a repair to the roof rail (another known problem) and they replaced the badge at the same time, without me asking them to.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
The Hood said:
My car was serviced a couple of weeks ago, and today I noticed my tailgate badge has the dreaded white worm. I just called them and they said there was an action raised by Skoda on certain models/years and mine was not included. As it was not included they did not check but will have a look when I am next there.

Parkview Skoda Reading
Then Parkview are talking rubbish! It is a general Yeti thing, and according to Sinclair's all years are covered. Mine have been replaced twice!

·
Administrator
13,464 Posts
I dropped SUK an email yesterday suggesting that if only certain years or models are affected and mine is outside their specified range, that it might be worth checking all badges regardless. I had a call from SUK today saying they will be contacting Parkview who WILL be replacing it.

I also voiced concern over the fact that Parkview want to replace one of my front shock absorbers. When I said to Parkview that it was unsafe practice to replace just one after 18000 miles, they said that was all the warranty would cover. I mentioned this to my "Case Manager" and she said she would be talking to SUK technical and the dealer, and will call me back tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has also suffered from the dreaded white worm and was automatically replaced when it went in for service. As Llanigraham says, it is a general Yeti complaint.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hettie (our Yeti) has just had her 2nd service and had a 2nd rear badge replacement, along with front and all wheel caps! My garage, Sherlodge, in Rainham, Kent, told me that Skoda say it may well be caused by chemicals and or jet washes used in cleaning. As I am the only ever cleaner of Hettie and have never used a jetwash or anything other than car shampoo, it sounds like a bit of a poor excuse. I wonder if other Skoda models are affected, and why the problem is not fixed after 2-3 years. Sherlodge tell me badges will not be replaced once the warranty expires

Hey Ho.

·
Administrator
13,464 Posts
I don't know if other models are affected but I wonder if it had any influence with the change over to the new style badges. I agree the wheel caps are also not very good mine had crinkly edges from new, but they can easily be replaced at low cost with a better item from a third party.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my rear badge replaced and was told it was probably a by-product of having the Auto Glym body protection? (Go figure?)

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have just checked the front and rear badges on a 58reg Fabia, mostly unwashed, unmarked police car. Guess what? the badges have a fairly severe case of worm. So it is neither just a Yeti problem, nor a recent one.Come on Skoda, get it right!!

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Nor is it just a Skoda problem. Other makes using the same system get it too!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Whilst wandering around the Skoda forecourt waiting for Hettie the Yeti to have her aircon check I found that going back to 53 reg cars, any thing over a year or so has mouldy badges, some of the older ones, almost the whole design has vanished!.

Do our overseas members have the same problems?

·
Administrator
13,464 Posts
Well I suppose when they change over to the new badge the problem should be solved. After I declared their loan Yeti unsafe Parkview loaned me a Citigo (nasty little box)and the new style badge on that was a completely different construction.

·
Administrator
4,575 Posts
My Yeti is just over a year old and is kept garaged out of the weather. Whilst washing it yesterday, and its never been jet washed, I checked the badges and looks like there is the start of the "white worm" just at the top of the rear badge. Will keep an eye on it to check the rate of spread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had two new rear badges fitted in the last eighteen months.
Of more concern is my rear bumper which is losing its colour with the base white showing through in different places. Skoda are saying this is probably caused by spurious cleaning materials. Has anyone else had this problem.

·
Administrator
13,464 Posts
No problems with the bumper but my rear badge had the worm at around a year old. The dealer said they would not change it as there were no recalls on my car. One call to SUK and they could not do it quick enough. The dealer Parkview Reading have recently been bought out.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I was washing my car at the weekend and noticed it on my rear badge also. I also had an issue with my centre wheel caps that the dealer was more than happy to replace. Just a shame they forgot to fit them when it was in having some other work done

What is White Worm anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Water ingress under the top clear layer, my rear badge has been replaced and has it again, and the wheel center badges have it as well now, not doing anything about it new yeti should be at the dealers next week along with the new stile badges. Lets see how they last

1 - 20 of 43 Posts