Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to Bwan's request for more comments today . . . anyone want to post their favourite Yeti colour and why?Let's give it a week and see who wins.

I'll start: Steel Grey.

Anyone 2nd?

P.S if no one else posts - Steel Grey wins . . . . .

·
Registered
94 Posts
I traded in my Skoda Fabia, in Cappucino Metallic, for my Yeti - also in Cappucino Metallic!
Does this count as marginally more than one vote as my previous was Skoda but not Yeti?

If it does, then Cappucino now leads the pack! LOL!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice try bwan, but since I set the poll, it's my rules.It counts as 1 vote, so neck and neck with all to play.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The following is taken off the motors.co.uk site about all the Yetis they have had for sale. I don`t know what "blue" they refer to as the Yeti comes in at least four different "blues"!

"Most popular Colour Blue"

Edited by: bwanamdevu

·
Registered
860 Posts
Aqua Blue
It's now discontinued so I am going for Shark Blue next.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
The colour I wanted was scuppered by the Japanese tsunami, it was called something strange like Rosso Bruneli It was an orangey metallic red but the factory that made the pigment was wiped out. So I got the staple Aqua Blue which changes colour with the level of daylight and never looks dirty, it also used to be the colour of the Yeti on this Forum's home page. Is that one vote for me and ten bonus points as it was the colour Dan chose?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Candy White is my choice - despite being old enough to remember when white cars would "bleed" when rusty trim made them lookterrible!Plus - as Hood spent all my money on "essential" extras for me prior to me ordering my baby, I was very glad to have "saved" the cost of the met paint!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rosso Brunello Metallic is still available in many parts of the world, in fact it is an available colour in the current Superb UK brochure - just checked!
Perhaps it is just the Yeti that they have stopped doing it in. Incidentally, when checking out the Yeti prior topurchase, I watched a lovely Yeti video on YouTube and it was in Rosso Brunello Mettallic!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Black without a doubt! A great colour when cleaned and polished and it hides the fact that the lower bumpers are not colour coded. With tinted windows and a set of Mattahorn alloys it almost looks like a limo

Only downside is that it's a pain to keep clean
but then what else are Sundays for?

I make that three votes for black

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Rosso Brunelli Yeti, a colour that is only available from time to time, is a superb Maroon, just like her Majesty's Rolls Royce, and I don't think Skoda kill beetles for their colour source either!

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
JOOKS said:
plus - as Hood spent all my money on "essential" extras for me prior to me ordering my baby, I was very glad to have "saved" the cost of the met paint!

In the films I said "I will strike when least expected", "I will steal all their secrets".

My latest version is "I will spend all of Jook's money" Oh dear the tablets are wearing off again! I hope his wife doesn't find out.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Both my yetis have been black, but going for muscovado on the new one so is that a vote for both or 2 for black and one for muscovardo

The only colour to have on my yeti is one that SWMBO likes
makes life so much simpler.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Candy white,candy white,caaaaandy white.Little shop of horrors in the dentist scene.Ok it was candy bar but still made me smile.Mind you,that doesn't take too much effort.Waxed him today and he looks the pooches danglies.That's another for white then,gonna win by a huuuge margin.

Edited by: Suzuki

·
Registered
394 Posts
We wanted non metallic red, but they are few and far between in Excellence spec. ex-Skoda, mainly because when it gets scratched it will tidy up better!
As we couldn't get redwe went for the Petrol Blue which is quite dark and looks nice with the silver roof bars, wheels and the other bits of silvery paint so I guess that gets our vote.
Derek, a friend wanted a metallic red Freelander but had to have a champagne coloured one due to the Tsunami. He was told that all metallic red pigment was mage there.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts