Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,just ordered a new 1.2 TSI 105PS DSG Yeti in steel grey metallic from Skoda Progress Northampton.I'm told I'll have to wait about 12 weeks for delivery!! It's going to be a long,long 12 weeks!
I'm so impressed with this forum- it has such a friendly feel to it. I'm joining early,I know,but I have questions to ask & why wait until I get my car?
My first question concerns the Bi-Xenon headlights. Can they be "flashed",i.e.to signal to another car at a junction & let them out? A friend says no,as they could be damaged by such an action. Would like some advice on this please.
Thanks, Jonnyboy14

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thats not what they're for!
read the Highway code.

·
Registered
897 Posts
RickT said:
Thats not what they're for!
Appology if my previouspost may have come accross a bit harsh.

When you should flash your head lights. This is cut and pasted from Highway Code; Rules 110 and 111,

<h4>110</h4>

Flashing headlights. Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.<h4>111</h4>

Never assume that flashing headlights is a signal inviting you to proceed. Use your own judgement and proceed carefully.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
There are two people on this forum who might be able to answer your question as to whether they would be damaged Tech Yeti and the Plumber. Tech Yeti has beenbusy winding up everyone in Wales, and TP has gone a bit quiet. You never know TP might be set up to get alerts when he is mentioned.

·
Registered
828 Posts
While accepting the legalities of headlight flashing, my son has had xenon headlights in his Land Rovers for years and flashed them without a problem ( touch wood ). As a result I do as well. Only time will tell I suppose. One question though, if the headlamps are flashed, do they start the self leveling, steering test ????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts