Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just joined your forum as I'm thinking of buying a Yeti 2.0tdi 170 Elegance. I've been told that replacement lights are required as I will be shipping it to Germany with my job, is this the case or can they be adjusted for use abroad? The dealer has quoted almost £800 to replace them, if replacement is required can anyone suggest alternative suppliers? Many thanks in anticipation, kind regards Colin

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Whether this helps or not will depend on if you are regarded as a tourist or not, the headlights have a tourist setting available through the maxidot. This setting flattens the top of the beam to avoid dazzle and moves the drivers beam slightly further to the right. I have a relative in Germany (Aachen) and have not been "flashed" when using this setting. If you are resident in Germany you may also have a problem with the rear foglight. And don't forget to get yourself an emmisions sticker which is needed in places like Cologne.If you will be resident paying German road tax, insurance etc, wouldn't it be better to get a left hand drive car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a SE plus and it allows you to adjust the headlights for driving on the right. However it is my understanding that it does not convert them to the equivalent of right hand drive cars, but only stops you dazzling on-coming traffic (thus making it unnecessary to stick deflectors on the headlights). I guess it depends how long you will be working out there and how much night driving you intend to do (bearing in mind you will have to pay to have them switched back when/if you return to UK.

To switch switch them for driving on the right (and from Memory) you go into 'settings' then 'light and something' then 'travel'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts