Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to clarify stright away, the big mistake was not getting the Yeti but buying Libby (as a thank you for all her help and support) a personalised number plate.

She now refers to it as "my car", uses it all the time, and begrudgingly allows me to drive it, as she did yesterday, and on holiday (in MAY).

I try to point out that it is actually "MY" car but she retorts "no it's not, it's got my name on it"

So I drive my little gas guzzling runabout all the time, with it's own personalised plate, which I thought at the time was a good laugh but am now thinking it is more appropriate than I first thought.

P11LOC

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
Don't think of it as a mistake, but as an opportunity, you obviously NEED a second Yeti

A while ago you announced two goodies for your car, how did the tax disc holder go?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not well. I was expecting a problem with the Jag but didn't get one.However the curvature of the screen on the Yeti is such that you can't get an all round connection, even with the spacers supplied, so I'm having a rethink on methods of adhesion.

Picked up an AA holder from Tesco, adhesive plastic front and magnetic back so you just stick the adhesive front to the screen, insert disc, and slide magnetic back on. So to change disc you just slide the magnetic back off, change disc and slide back back on. No pulling the adhesive front off.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Geoffl,

Here in Western Australia the authorities decided we no longer needed licence stickers (about 5" x 3" stickers) yes, different to your round discs. The boys in blue now check out the currency of a vehicle's licence on their computer. I'm not particularly concerned, but the sticker at least remindedus of the month of re-registration - tax due. We therefore have no concern for the shape of a windscreen to fit anything to.

Banjobach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts