Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member. waiting for my Yeti 4* 4 . What feed back from users about the best options for loading a Mountain bike in a Yeti.
Jerry

·
Registered
35 Posts
I take it you are aware that with the rear seats removed you can have you bike inside the car. I might be wrong but I think Skoda have a rack accessory for such use.

·
Administrator
14,192 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yip, that's the one.

Guess you'd have to go for the boot liner at the same time for the trip home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have got the dedicated rack....it fits my 'crosser' well with drop bars and quick release scewer-just strap bike down to one of many tie points and off you go....even large frame still enables nsr seat fitted-just push nsf seat foward........however there is no 15/20 maxle option for Fox or Roxshox forks...nor will my 750mm wide handlebars on MTB fit sideways as per crosser-so it looks like lying the bike down and securing may well be your only option here...we also use the roofbars with Tule bikeracks-keep a set of camping steps in the back handy for that, as even at 6'2'' it,s a strech for me!
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Only problem is carrying a dirty bike after a ride. Looking for an option of rear mounting bike carrier. Could anyone suggest the best for yeti. Do travel on bad roads in India. Need something which can handle bad roads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
we also carry/use Mobi bike jetwash-not sure its the best currently on the market, but certainly cleans bikes well, without damage-still leaves the problem of a wet bike-preferebale to mud tho!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello. Besides it 's desighn, (that I loved at first sight), one of reasons I bought yeti was cycling and climbing. I have additional (original yeti) transverse carrier on the roof. When I want to carry bike, I mount Thule and safely take two bikes on the roof all over my country. Live in Croatia - we have all sorts of roads. (for some of them you can't even use a word "road", better to say "paths". Thule is safe and easy to mount.
All you need is a key. But I clean my bike
first. Takes just few minutes of my life.
And, I think roof carrier is better because
you can open your trunk and your bike is
safe. And if you have a missfortune to
have a car crush, you will not destroy two
things at once, car and a bike! Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two problems encountered with Thule racks (although this could apply globally)-peugot 206 tailgate rack-the gutters were very poor and replacement with fully adjustable Fiamma ones was a worthwhile, if expensive, upgrade, however the locking arms to hold the bike frame are very prone to working loose-indeed we lost a bike in transit due to these giving way-best solution was to chain/bungee the bike to the top of the rack, whilst this rack was easy to use, careful placemnt was necessary and two bikes fitted could often be fiddly-with resultant overhang to n/s or o/s-so had to make allowances when driving for same.......

The roof mounted rack has proved to be more popular and reliable-however, be aware that these are a bike stealers dream come true-despite the clamp fitting closely round the frame, if the rear wheel clasp is undone and the wheel wrenched sideways-the frame acts as a lever against the jaws and will pull free-in the process the front wheel clasp(which steadied the ongoing job) will now be smashed and the bike freed. even with the bike chained on-apparently modern recharcheable power tools have resulted in the roof-rack cut off and the lot taken-so beware!

Scarecrow

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there something that can prevent thief from stealing?
I don't think so. There is no thief-proof bike carrier, unless you keep it in your bedroom. A thief can steal your Yeti, too.
But it is important you get bike carrier that is safe in traffic and safe for your car and
bike. Belive me, Thule is as thief-proof as carrier can be. There is a key to ensure that. And if you have to leave your car
(with bike on it) out of your sight, put some
additional chains and pray to find it once
you get back to your car. But what is
important - with thule I take my bikes on
the highway and no fear by high speed, I
drive on rocky roads, etc. Infact - in all
conditions. - where my Yeti can pass trough, I can take my bikes and never had any reason to warry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your input guys, I will have to take a chance against theft and go for the Thule . Jazz has convinced me that the Thule is good on bad roads. Would like your opinion on the Thule Outride 561.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't say much, never had Thule outride 561. Just watched YouTube - seams complicated. I prefer my bike ready for ride. I just take water tank off, and that's all. But, I can share with you only my europian experience. My country is still out of European Union, and we can use all sorts of bike carriers. But neighboring country - Slivenia, very known by cycling -and as Croatians cycling turism destination, is in EU.
Slovenia, and a whole EU, is very
demanding about ISO standards. So, if we
want to cross border, we have to carry
ISO certified bike carrier (which are very
safe, according to this standards). And
those are nr. 1 Thule, and nr. 2. Mont
Blanc. I can't say EU standards are a
measurement of quality. But I think you
will not regret if you take Thule, Freeride
or Outride - I belive they are both OK. I wish you luck and lots of fun with yeti and cycling.
Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I am a new member.

Regarding carrying a cycle on a Yeti fitted with a sunroof. What roof carriers have people tried which still enable the roof to fully open?

Has anybody used the Thule 775 footpack, 892 slide bar and pro rider 591 set up? Can you still open the sunroof successfully?

Many thanks

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts