Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now spent many hours looking for the right Yeti.
I thought that I knew what I (we) wanted two weeks ago, but, having looked at several in the flesh and on line, "my" Yeti was as elusive as the famed mythical beast.

The Memsahib and I have decided what we wanted,and are ordering a new one.

140bhp,DSG,4x4, Elegance. Cappuccino,Gobi Sand Leather. Rough Road pack, Spare Wheel, Gobi Sand floor mats.

I am still looking for the best price, but I'm surprised that some dealers have not replied to my emails after almost four days. Maybe they are able to sell as many as they want

Lead time seems to be 12-13 weeks.

So, come October, I should be Yettified.

Steve.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Don't forget to try online for a price.

skodastore.com
orangewheels
drivethedeal
happynewcar

Several members on here (me included) have used them, I know that with three of them (not sure about DTD)you will be dealing with a main dealer
all worth a try.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
steve20bore said:
I've now spent many hours looking for the right Yeti.
I thought that I knew what I (we) wanted two weeks ago, but, having looked at several in the flesh and on line, "my" Yeti was as elusive as the famed mythical beast.

The Memsahib and I have decided what we wanted,and are ordering a new one.

140bhp,DSG,4x4, Elegance. Cappuccino,Gobi Sand Leather. Rough Road pack, Spare Wheel, Gobi Sand floor mats.

I am still looking for the best price, but I'm surprised that some dealers have not replied to my emails after almost four days. Maybe they are able to sell as many as they want

Lead time seems to be 12-13 weeks.

So, come October, I should be Yettified.

Steve.

Sounds nice combo hope you can get it soon, I hated waiting for both of mine, 6 months wait for both

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Good choice!
Some on this site would put a case for a heated windscreen as a desirable option for the winter months as the diesels are slow to warm up and the heater therefore takes time to clear the screen.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
SnowGood said:
Good choice!
Some on this site would put a case for a heated windscreen as a desirable option for the winter months as the diesels are slow to warm up and the heater therefore takes time to clear the screen.
I have the heated windscreen and would not be without it now

·
Registered
269 Posts
Another vote for the heated windscreen. I've had one on 3 cars, 2Fords and the Yeti, and missed it on my previous Octavias.

Keith

·
Registered
213 Posts
You could try another tack Steve, I am not very patient so when I could not get a secondhand one, mainly because it takes a day to see each one if they are at different dealers. I just went to the best dealer I had found I.e. interested in selling me one. And asked what he could get. There are in fact a stream of new ones coming in, including L&Ks and picked the nearest to my ideal. Had to be a bit flexible on colour but you get to like whatever colour you have is the truth, there are no bad colours in Yeti land.
He quoted list so I asked for online discount, £3k I got £2k probably could have done better if I had played 2-3 dealers but that was the limit of my endurance. 7 days later I had a new Yeti. It's great, I too have heated screen on recommendation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I said, I'm still working on finding the best deal.

SWMBO is keen on the choice of colour/spec, and I'm more than happy to wait to get it. I would have been OK with several other combinations.

I did read that some owners with the heated screen have been bothered when driving at night, with the lights of oncoming vehicles causing the heating element in the screen to be visible.

Is it a problem ?

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I have never found it a problem at night, the sun can sometimes show up the heating elements, and certain light conditions. But the benefits far outnumber the times you see the heating elements.

On a cold frosty morning the screen is clear by the time you have cleaned the front side windows, if not before. And if its snowing it helps to get rid of the build up of snow at the ends of the wiper travel, and clears any slight misting on the inside much quicker than the heater.

The best £250 I have spent, only thing is SWMBO drives it most of the time
, and my van has not got it
so I am sat waiting for the screen to clear, luckily it a 2lt petrol so warms quite quickly

·
Registered
213 Posts
I get the SWMBO issue. Not had enough exposure to judge front screen element reflections, must be a minimal effect. Either way hope the 3 months anticipation heightens the excitement of having a Yeti.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
My SWMBO has never driven mine, she says she will not until it has a dent. Guess who made the only dent on my last car, here's hoping she never gets to drive the Yeti.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
My SWMBO has never driven mine, she says she will not until it has a dent. Guess who made the only dent on my last car, here's hoping she never gets to drive the Yeti.

Guess that's made you a very very careful driver

·
Registered
90 Posts
my loss of power. I took sketi to the dealer where they put her on the diagnostics which came out ok. the reason could be fuel. and without telling them I did fuel up at a dodgy looking garage off the M40 (thinking off the motorway cheaper the fuel) modern tanks are double lined reducing condensation whereas this on must have been nearly full of water. so watch out where you fill up guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts