Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got my brand new bay home this afternoon. What a beautiful car 1.6 Elegance Greenline II. Spent the last 2 hours trying to get my Samsung galaxy s3 to connect to the car. The phone finds the car identifies it as skoda BT then it asks me to authenticate a 6 digit number which I do and then after 2 or 3 minutes he phone comes back with could not pair did not recognise code. Now I know I'm officially mad becauseI've just spent an hour doing exactly the same thing expecting a different result, which is the definition of an idiot so any ideas is it the phone is it the car is it me

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're near the dealer. Why not drive round and ask them to do it for you. (I did with my current car).
I'm awaiting news on my delivery date, same model as you, ordered 16 July.

Good luck with you new bay, sorry baby.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Do you have to "authenticate" the code on both the car and the phone? I can't remember when I did mine.

Maybe see if this guide helps at all...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Also, in the bluetooth settings on your phone, do you see SKODA_BT listed (which would indicate that you have paired your phone)?

Edited by: discosteve

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Hi with my wife's Galaxy Ace I had to turn on Bluetooth and make the phone visible, and OK automatic pairing, there was also a notification at the top of the phone's screen which needed something doing to make the phonebook available.
I can't check at the moment as swmbo is not in, and I am the last person in Britain not to own a mobile phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Discosteve That PDF really helped. It does help that you actually know what you're doing before you attempt something,,If I had been looking at the dot matrix rather than the radio I would have avoided myself a shovel load of stress a definite Doh moment but I am grateful to all that offered help thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts