Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I am looking at a Yeti

My current car has Bluetooth and I can take a call via my car stereo and listen to music from my iPhone since it's bonded
This car doesn't

Just wondered how easy it would be to get this hooked up,
I would prefer it linked to the stereo if possible and no mics or bits hanging from the dash
Can anyone help

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guess it depends on model chosen. I have an Elegance model (Bolero Radio) and my Iphone pairs and streams music easily through in car radio/ speakers. I also have a Parrot Minikit which is self contained and transferrable between cars. Great for hands free but obviously not through in car systems.

Hope that helps

Grumpy

·
Registered
788 Posts
Grumpy said:
Guess it depends on model chosen.
As Grump said, it is probably dependant on model it has the telephone preparation kit built in or not. After market kits should be available if you're doesn't have it...

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Urban has the Amundsen+ head unit, and 'bluetooths superbly to my Samsung smartphone. I also have all my music on an SD card in the phone, and this plays very well, too. Don't even need to have the phone close to the set, or connected with a wire. As long as the phone is switched on, even if it's in my jacket pocket on the back seat, all works like magic. I do need to access the phone to select the music I want to listen to, however.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just a SE model
But I noticed after having another SE model there is a button on the stereo that says phone?Edited by: Kittycat

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an SE model but it does not come with Bluetooth ,I believe it can be ordered as a factory fitted extra so you might see a used SE with Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
All the Bolero radios have a "Phone" button, but if you don't have the Bluetooth module fitted then all it does is mute the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a Bolero in my SE, but no bluetooth kit, Denison make a bluetooth adaptor that should connect to your radio and allow bluetooth streaming for music & phone connection. I am considering doing the same myself.
When connected you should get your phone book calls appear on the radio display, apparently if you want them on the dot matrix, it requires coding.

Link for Denison below

http://www.dension.com/

Good Luck...

DK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts