Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just taken delivery of a 2010 Yeti and I am having problems with the Bluetooth connection. My Samsung galaxy S3 phone is paired OK but the connection to the bolero unit keeps dropping while I am driving. I have removed all other Bluetooth devices on the bolero and done a factory reset. On the phone I have installed the latest firmware.
Has anyone else had this problem and,if so, did they find a cure??

·
Administrator
4,449 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Samsung feature phone which constantly drops its connection to the Yeti's bluetooth. Other phones t hat I've paired with my Yeti, including a Blackberry, a Sony Xperia smartphone and two Motorola Defys have held the connection with no problem at all. I suspect there's something in the Samsung bluetooth implementation which doesn't play nicely with some of the Yeti bluetooth versions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I have checked the connection using an htc phone and an I phone with no drop problems so the conclusion is Yeti Bluetooth does not like Samsung phones. The cure has been to change to an iPhone 4 which is a lot less expensive than the local Skoda dealer who quoted £399 to upgrade the Yeti Bluetooth with no guarantee of success.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine refused to call from the car then I realised I had installed Skype which requires you to specify type of call.....deleted Skype .....fixed problem.
Edited by: Ryeman

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dual Sim Chinese Phone - just bought a dual sim phone (£68-00 LOL) - I run the company Sim and my own and it connected fine. The phonebook was more of a problem until I realised that it was trying to download both address books and the phone was timing out. Now sorted - both books are merged in the Yetis system and I can call out on 3 (which I want to do) but receive calls from both Sims. Perfect - very happy Snow Monster!

Edited by: grimrecruiter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts