Yeti Owners Club banner

541 - 560 of 580 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless. Definition of perfect pitch? Throwing a banjo into a skip from 30 yards. The explorer in the jungle asked the chief why the drums never stopped for days on end. Because when drumming stop, bass solo begins. (Ref Moby Dick Led Zep dire).

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Towed a caravan to Filey some years ago for two weeks. Edit Gristhorpe.

Never seen the dinosaur though.

Remember loads of cliffs and plenty of kites.

Was on one beach and i'm sure some sort of siren went off that we had to clear it as the tide was coming in.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Another place I need to visit.
About 4 miles South of there is Bempton Cliffs, an RSPB nature reserve with several species of seabirds breeding on the cliffs, well worth a visit especially during the nesting season.
""Half a million seabirds, including puffins, flock here from March to October to raise a family on chalk cliffs. ""

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just a thought after reading some info from Andrew's school.

The suggestion of 'social pods' of about 15 children for primary schools is interesting, but not quite there yet.

It sounds like your child gets to mix with those other children plus a couple of adults without 2m separation or masks.

How much do you trust that everyone in those 16+ families is a conscientious as you with social distancing and minimising viral load?

How many are key workers exposed to greater risks? How many 'just nipped out for an ice cream', queued a bit close at the chippy, or got bumped by someone inconsiderate while shopping?

Without more testing, monitoring or treatment in place first, I'm not convinced.

It's a bit like being invited to a regular swingers party with free booze and a select group of hot people you vaguely know (plus a free pass from you significant other) but there's no condoms...

Perhaps it's a 'Quality Street' policy ?

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
I know we shouldn't discuss politics here, but this really is too good to miss ( can't believe that any Yeti owner thinks he's a good guy!)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
That can't be political, it's about President Fart!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been watching the documentary series about Trump and another about Putin. What a nasty pair of thugs, the both of them. Yet they seem to have been voted in and loved by a majority of people in their nations. The Russians probably don’t know better as they are largely hidden from the truth but the Americans? I suppose we all get the politicians we deserve.

·
Registered
175 Posts
CNN, New York Times and many others are anti Trump and they are allowed to print and broadcast as they wish. In Russia, opposition politicians and press get locked up.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I see there are various Brewdog ales: Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Clockwork Tangerine, Hazy Jane and Elvis Juice. This has inspired me to consider asking those with home brew kits to supply the club with ale and name it Bobdog's Dogs' Bo**ocks.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I see there are various Brewdog ales: Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Clockwork Tangerine, Hazy Jane and Elvis Juice. This has inspired me to consider asking those with home brew kits to supply the club with ale and name it Bobdog's Dogs' Bo**ocks.
You may be on dodgy ground there as there is already one.

Attachments

541 - 560 of 580 Posts