Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a January 2016 Skoda Yeti, which has developed an entertainment system fault over the past year,to the point where the system is now broken.

The fault started approximately a year ago by jumping from one radio station to another without touching the screen, initially you could reset the station by just tapping back on the station you wanted. This happened intermittently maybe every couple of weeks or so.

Now the system jumps from radio to Bluetooth to SD reader randomly and touching the screen/pressing the buttons or using the steering controls will not change it back again.

Today it was stuck on Bluetooth and although played tunes from my phone, only approx a minute of the tune was played before it randomly choose another tune.

Any ideas

Perks

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
The first thing I would do is to disconnect the battery for about a minute to reboot the unit.
The unit code is stored so will not have to enter that again, you will have to reset the clock and there will be a few warning lights up until you drive the car for a few yards. There is a good chance its got itself into a loop and just wants a hard reset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We have removed the battery terminal and replaced it after a period of time but that doesn't seem to have corrected the fault.

Perks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Perks.

Two other things you could try.

1. Start the car and let the Bolero boot up. Then switch the Bolero off with the power on/off button. Leave it off for say 30 seconds then switch it on again with the power button but keep holding the power button down for 20 seconds. This should do a "soft" reboot of the system.

2. If this doesn't work leave the system on for a few minutes and then press the SET UP button until the screen goes black. Once it does let go of the SEUP button and this shoud also reboot the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the suggestion, I have done this and things are improved, at least it will stay on one radio station for longer, but screen still randomly jumps around.

I have it booked in for a diagnostic on Friday, meanwhile I will try more soft boots and see if that makes a different.

Perks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts