Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped these on today. Bonnet Struts £21.33 from Aliexpress.
Working pretty well.
Took a few pictures of the fitting stages if you are interested

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
Blimey, mine were 3 times that price.

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Popped these on today. Bonnet Struts £21.33 from Aliexpress.
Working pretty well. Took a few pictures of the fitting stages if you are interested
Sounds like an addition for the Yetipedia, perhaps with a link to the struts concerned. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fitted mine today, same item from Aliexpress, didn’’t have to cut my foam though, checked it after opening and closing a few times, no marks on the foam, different foam fitted ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fitted mine today, same item from Aliexpress, didn’’t have to cut my foam though, checked it after opening and closing a few times, no marks on the foam, different foam fitted ?
Great stuff. Probably could have got away without cutting foam Myself but didnt want any stress on the struts. Could see a pressure mark on foam after bonnet being closed for a while.

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
79 Posts
Fitted mine (also from AliExpress) this week - a very easy and worthwhile mod. I'd previously done this to my GT86.

The photographs above were a great help in ensuring that I was attaching it in the right places, as there are no instructions included. I don't think that there's any need to cut the foam on my car.

One comment - I found it easier to connect the strut to the ball-joint at the front of the engine first, and then attach it to the bracket on the bonnet. The struts are very stiff and almost impossible to compress by hand.

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
688 Posts
Reactions: ColinCoaton

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ordered some but it's saying 14th Dec delivery.
That will be the shipping container log jam. Looking on the bright side, we'll both get them just in time for Christmas. :)

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
79 Posts
I ordered mine on September 24 and they arrived on October 11, so they took 17 days.

I've found that stuff from AliExpress often gets here much quicker than their initial estimates.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bargain, ordered today Xmas prezzie for swmbo, hope she likes em.

Reactions: ColinCoaton

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The tracking still says delivery on 14 DEC but it also say "departed country of origin" on 05 Dec. Currently, the struts must be somewhere on the high seas. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Still waiting for mine.
Tracking still says ordered 22 Oct.😪

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
688 Posts
Still waiting for mine as well/

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe Santa will deliver them.🎅 Yo yo ho.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The tracking still says that the estimated delivery date is 14 December but an additional message has appeared that says:

"Due to Covid-19, your package may be delayed by 30~40 days, please wait patiently and thank you for your understanding"

AliExpress? More like AliMilkTrain.

Reactions: pomemm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bunny Hill's Ernie would be faster

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Reactions: onlyme
1 - 20 of 28 Posts