Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Due to the car having the first 4 years of its life in Dundee some of the rear parts have suffered from road salt. Im looking for part numbers for the front and rear brake disk dust covers.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,707 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
450 Posts
Im looking for part numbers for the front and rear brake disk dust covers.
Does anyone know where I can find them?
You'll need to know which brake package is fitted to your car.
Cars with more powerful engines and/or 4x4 have bigger brakes, and different part numbers for the dust covers / backing plates.

I am in the same position as you, our rear disc backing plates are on their last legs. I'll be replacing them the next time the rear discs are off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll need to know which brake package is fitted to your car.
Cars with more powerful engines and/or 4x4 have bigger brakes, and different part numbers for the dust covers / backing plates.

I am in the same position as you, our rear disc backing plates are on their last legs. I'll be replacing them the next time the rear discs are off.
I know all the information I require, Yeti owner of 10 years, I just need the specific part numbers. cheers They're great cars to work on, very enjoyable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
We bought our Yeti less than six months ago, and this is the sight that confronted me the first time I removed a rear wheel. You can see the crustiness of the backing plate at the 4-o'clock position especially.
It's not about to fall off, though, so it can wait until the rear discs get replaced.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Ours is a 4x4, and so has the bigger brakes. Which means the calipers need to come off to get the discs off. Which, by all accounts, is more difficult than it needs to be!

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,776 Posts
I know all the information I require, Yeti owner of 10 years, I just need the specific part numbers.
Did You not get that from the parts catalogue Snowgood posted?

Reactions: Sam Cash

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We bought our Yeti less than six months ago, and this is the sight that confronted me the first time I removed a rear wheel. You can see the crustiness of the backing plate at the 4-o'clock position especially.
It's not about to fall off, though, so it can wait until the rear discs get replaced.
View attachment 6315

Ours is a 4x4, and so has the bigger brakes. Which means the calipers need to come off to get the discs off. Which, by all accounts, is more difficult than it needs to be!
That is crusty! mines the same, probably a tad worse on the rust side. As the Hood has said get the longest breaker bar you can find to undo the spline head bolt on the back, can be tricky! Ive owned two Yetis now and they are quite easy to work on if you have the right kit, have fun!

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
7,039 Posts
You mean the carrier brackets of course friend ;) :unsure: (y)
Calipers need to come off to remove the pads and discs of any diameter. :)
Just the larger dia discs that need the carrier brackets off too. Smaller discs (as usually fitted on 2WD and lower powered Yeti) can be removed and replaced with the pad carrier brackets in place. Whatever the workshop books say - I've done it myself on our Yeti - twice!
The problems with the carrier brackets are:
  • need an M14 spline bit socket
  • they are blxxdy tight!
  • access to the bolt heads is restricted.
Guide attached.

Back on topic of brake backing plates or stone guards....
At least those on the Yeti can be changed without needing to first remove the entire hub and wheel bearing assembly. (That’s what my BMW needed last month as part of its ongoing restoration project.)

Attachments

Reactions: Sam Cash

·
Registered
450 Posts
You mean the carrier brackets of course friend
Indeed I do! 👍

they are quite easy to work on if you have the right kit
I think I have the "kit" department covered!
I have already had a spline socket on the carrier bolts, purely to check tool clearance.
Access is restricted by the rear springs, but removing a rear spring is a very quick job should it prove necessary (the clearance envelope may have changed as I have subsequently replaced the springs).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Indeed I do! 👍

I think I have the "kit" department covered!
I have already had a spline socket on the carrier bolts, purely to check tool clearance.
Access is restricted by the rear springs, but removing a rear spring is a very quick job should it prove necessary (the clearance envelope may have changed as I have subsequently replaced the springs).
You wont need to remove the spring, ive done it several times... it just takes some welly to get it undone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts