Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can you help? I’ve got a load of bugs stuck in my headlight, is there an easy way to get them out? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Short of taking the whole lamp unit off the car - which involves removing the front bumper - and then shaking them out through the bulb access aperture, then I believe the short answer is "No"? Edit - better ideas below...

Perhaps worth asking how are the little critters getting in there? Have the bulb covers been left off the back of the unit at some point? (4" diameter circular, twist on covers, behind the headlamp bulbs. That normally provide access to change bulbs.

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
The "fins" above where those bugs are lying are open to the air and that is how they get in. I had the same in my first Yeti and eventually they decomposed to dust.
I suppose a thin flexible tube fixed to a vacuum cleaner fitted through the hole where the bulbs are would be an option.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Remove the covers and bulbs. Attach a length of suitable diameter clear plastic tube to the sucky end of a vacuum cleaner and off you go.
I say clear tube so that you can see if a big bug gets stuck on its way to Hoover Hades.
If you do get a bug blockage, remove plastic tube from sucky end and attach to blowy end of vacuum cleaner.
Or you could test your own lung capacity by blowing through the tube yourself - - just remember not to suck!

Reactions: Robjon

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Two people with the same clever idea there!

Or you could test your own lung capacity by blowing through the tube yourself - - just remember not to suck!
- unless you are practicing for "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Clear any blockage by firing them over into next doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts