Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who've not yet recieved a build date for your order, please note that you can only make changes to your order BEFORE the build date is issued, even if the build date is weeks or (less likely) months away.

Once you've been given a build date the order is locked in.

This wasn't a problem for me me, but the dealer didn't mention it.Edited by: TunaSan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doese this include extras like mud flaps & roof bars as I haven't put these on my order yet...Still not sure if to just fit these myself.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Hood said:
If you're too late you could always get the dealer to fit them, the mud flaps are an easy DIY job.
So are roof bars but dealer can fit these too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello , I have not yet got a build date or even a status number for my yeti outdoor elegance 1.6 greenline in Candy white so have resorted to watching numerous Skoda Yeti videos on You Tube (how sad) . Its great if you have a Smart tv as you can let it run and they all come up one after another. I even saw the the one I have ordered and it has made me more impatient to get it.It cant come soon enough !!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've been reading the thread on dashboard colours. It appears all the Elegance models are coming out with a champagne dashboard. I'm getting a Elegance in Petrol blue metallic, leather seats.....why would I want a champagne coloured dashboard? that will look stupid.

From what you are saying above I can't change that (not that I knew it was going to be champagne) I want silver or similar not some stupid non matching colour.

My build date starts next Monday 17th. If I get a champagne dashboard they can shove the whole car...

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
You could always go for a used elegance, mine has a silver trim.
I seem to remember someone changing theirs for a wood finish. Perhaps if you tracked the post down and sent them a PM they may still have the silver one to sell.Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
62 Posts
1st time here and an Aussie to boot.
My 103TDI 4X4 delivered last week in perfect condition was manufactured Jan2012.
Makes you wonder why they are having such trouble moving stock.
Currently Drive Away price with one years Reg is the equivalent of £16,000.Edited by: Ryeman

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ryeman
. Yes, it is hard to believe how such a great vehicle could be so hard to sell. When you can buy a European built 77TSI manual for as little as $22,000 drive away, why would anyone look elsewhere? I guess it's our saturated new car market and an old outdated brand perception that combine to lower the demand for Skoda cars. I have read elsewhere that some people would rather buy a Great Wall vehicle than a Skoda...how #@$%*! absurd is that!!?? Thank goodness volume selling models like the Octavia are helping to change that perception. I have never read a bad review of any Skoda model, or particularly about the Yeti.
Anyhow, enough of the soapbox stuff. Enjoy your time here and if you have any questions just ask.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
62 Posts
So just how much is a fairly 'basic 103TDI 4x4 6 DSG fully taxed with metallic and reverse sensors for instance?Edited by: Ryeman

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Drive away for a diesel DSG at the moment is $30,990 RRP + extras. But there are deals to be had. CAF recently bought a diesel and wanted a manual gearbox. There were none left, so they gave him the DSG model at the manual price (I think it was because they were still displaying the manual price on the website at the time...which they have now deleted from the pricing webpage).
When the 2012 models first went on sale the RRP for a DSG diesel was about $42,000. The prices for my model have dropped about $4,000 since I bought mine.

The detail is in the fine print:
http://skoda.com.au/yeti/pricing.aspx

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, my local dealer has a Lava blue 6DSG with reverse sensors for $29,990 da which makes you wonder if that's good or bad in the long run.
I hope they're not going to drop the brand altogether in Oz!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I must agree with plbxr in respect to brand perception. Quite some years back, it had to be a Holden, Ford or Valiant, none of that Jap crap. Whereas today there are few people who would not consider buying anything but a Japanese car. The same thing applied to the Korean cars too and look how well they are selling. Now-a-days, with such a wide choice of cars to chose from, I bought a Skoda Yeti and 18 months later I am still happy with my Yeti. I like the Yeti for a number of reasons, it provided the best driving experience out of the five similar vehicles that I test drove. It presents an individual statement, it has its own persona, a bit like me - different. I like different. Do enjoy your new drive Ryeman!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Absolutely love it for the very fact it's not just another 'me too' car. You know exactly what's coming towards you as opposed to a Hyundai Subaru Honda frinstance .
It basically says I'm not driven by today's fashion ....I like that and I don't have to drive blind behind other SUV s any more TG.
Reading the owners manual I'm finding features I hadn't realised its got eg complexity of mirrors, wipers with remote functions as well.

I'm already wondering if the wiper 'rubbers' can be extractored and cheaply replaced or does it involve an exy Skoda part?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep and they are also offering a 5 year warranty on the Diesel DSG, and if you ask nicely they will throw in the reversing sensors for 30990. One thing i will also say is that Ford never said boo after i bought my XR5, but i seem to be getting either emails or phone calls from Skoda Aus or the dealership weekly on how it's all going... Cant say i have any complaints as of yet...At the 4k mark and great to see fuel is a steady 6.2 for the last two fills gotta say i do enjoy driving it and i think SWMBO is preferring the Yeti over her RAV4.
Now I just keep both keys hidden...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts