Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have spent a few hours over the course of the last two days at a local Skoda dealership, aside from many hours looking on-line.

I ( read "we" ) have decided to treat ourselves to a new,(used),Yeti.

Not surprisingly, they did not have many available, so I tried the following :

Yeti 140bhp Manual
Octavia 170bhp DSG
Superb 140bhp DSG

I decided that I would really like a Yeti, 170bhp DSG, only to be told that the 170bhp is only available in Manual for the Yeti.

The salesman said that they used to be available, but did not know why they no longer were.Any board members have any idea ?

So, It looks like I'm going for the 140bhp DSG in Elegance strip.

Now all I have to do is find one, within budget, that is not White, Black or Red.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome.The DSG yeti has never been available in the 170 in the UK, the salesman is talking rubbish.

The DSG is only on the 140 TDI OR THE 1.2 TSI, the 1.2 has the 7 speed dry clutch box, and the 140 has the 6 speed wet clutch box, both are smooth through the gears.

Don't know your exact location, but here is one my local dealer http://www.station-garages.co.uk/usedcar_detail/14949/skoda-yeti

You could try the skoda used car web sitehttp://www.skoda.co.uk/used-cars/find-an-approved-used-skoda-retailer

Good luck hope you find one soon

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it's important; I believe it's an easy and relatively inexpensive mod to chip the 140 to at least 170 levels of power (once the warranty period is over!).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steph64 said:
If it's important; I believe it's an easy and relatively inexpensive mod to chip the 140 to at least 170 levels of power (once the warranty period is over!).
Although the 170 was great, I feel that the 140 is enough for a "person of mature years", shall we say.

Good to know though. Many thanks.

Steve.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
My Yeti was in Parkview Skoda (Reading)last Friday I counted nine assorted Yeti's both new and used. Don't let the dealers con you into paying more due to lack of supply one will come along if you persist.

·
Administrator
4,438 Posts
They are available e.g.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/skoda/yeti/used-skoda-yeti-2-0-tdi-cr-140-elegance-4x4-5dr-winchester-fpa-201306077164566?logcode=a

Twelve months ago I found that dealers sticker prices on nearly new Yetis to be high and I could get a new at discount for pretty much the same price as their nine month old model. They may of course haggle down quite a bit from their sticker price if you are prepared to walk away.
You haven't indicated where in the UK you are Steve20bore but Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield have consistent good recommendations on this forum for good discounts and service.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought you said 140 was enough for a person of mature years ;-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steph64 said:
I thought you said 140 was enough for a person of mature years ;-)

It is, but that doesn't stop temptation

I have been for a drive in a 140DSG this morning. That's what I'm going for. More than adequate for a BOF.

Steve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts