Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - sorry I know there was a thread on this some months back but I can't get the search function to work.
The MiL is wanting to buy a new Fabia and I'm aware of the likes of Carwow etc., but I do also remember someone posting a link to a website (dealer?) that did online quotes for new skodas at very keen prices. I can't for the life of me remember which site it was - can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used Drive the Deal .com to buy two Skodas over the last few years. Very happy with them and they are totally upfront about the buying progress via a uk main dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skodastore was the one I was trying to remember.Thanks all!
(For reference I've got the cheapest deal so far through Carwow - from Skoda in Botley)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I used CarGurus to find my low-mileage ex demonstrator. It all seemed efficient and straightforward. But the transaction was with a main dealer.

My two previous cars I located on eBay and the dealers delivered them. I wanted a used vehicle with particular options and it was the easiest way to search nationwide.
Edited by: kribble

·
Registered
698 Posts
I used driverthedeal uknewcars carwow orangewheels and broadspeedThen offered their lowest price to my nearest Skoda dealership who price matched with 'extras'

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I used Carwow and got a good deal. The dealer did say though that had I gone directly he could have offered me a better discount as not having to pay Carwow commission. Skoda in Doncaster. They weren't the cheapest on Carwow for me, that was a garage in Scotland, but it was much more convenient and the travelling alone would have eaten any savings.Once they quote on Carwow, even if you go for a different spec car you have to go through Carwow to buy.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Incidentaly I saw a 67 reg Yeti on sale at Skoda Huddersfield when driving past for under 17k? I presume it was a low spec but a very good price for a car only max 5 months old?

·
Administrator
13,456 Posts
I've gone into a trance looking at the goldfish, can you slow it down a bit?

We used to have a member called BinBert and his avatar was hypnotic, it was the front end of a vehicle with wonky wheels and something flapping around at the back driving along a road. Sadly the new forum does not seem to have preserved his avatar and he left the forum several years ago. Conversations between him and Jimmy were brilliant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts