Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Yeti enthusiasts. Going to collect my Yeti later today from the dealer so looking forward to that.

After about 20 years of FIAT's & ALFA Romeo's including such highlights as two Bravos; HLX & HGT, one Punto Sporting, one Panda 100HP,one 156 Veloce, two GTV's; both in Twinspark & 3.0 V6 guise and laterly a 147 JTDm, I have finally decided to jump ship and switch to VAG products.

I've been sniffing around Skoda dealers in connection with the Yeti since it was first launched, being taken by it's box like styling (reminiscent in my eyesof a pumped up Panda 100HP), build quality and reliability. I also am keen to have a little 4x4 capability when the next snows come - which going by this Summer; and I use the term loosely here, should be by the end of next month.

Long delivery times have always been an issue for me with the Yeti but I've managed to locate a March 2012 demonstrator with 1200 miles on the clock with exactly the spec I'd beenlooking for with a few extra toys I hadn't. All with just over £5k off list price.......I couldn't resist. It may have also helped that the dealer's parent company are a client of mine inrelation to thenegotiations

Anyway enough of this banter.......need to look out the V5 and MOT paperwork, drain the fuel tank and strip the 147 of all my 'personalised' accessories.

Cheers for now.

David
Edited by: Red Clydeside

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
I think you are right aboutthe Yeti being apumped up Panda!
Here's evidence with His and Hers

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
My sister used to have a Panda and she called it lots of names, but Yoda was not one of them. My brother in-law modified it for her by pulling out of a side road in front of an on coming car, what a ..................... silly billy

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
Does that make mine Sk(oda) Y(eti) Blue?
Actually it's nicknamed 'arry. You have to be a fan of Mary Norton's The Borrowers to appreciate why.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what I was getting at comparing the Yeti with the Panda 100HP mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Edited by: Red Clydeside

1 - 9 of 9 Posts