Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having previously said no probs with Yeti........
At second service had pollen filter changed as had noticed little airflow in to the cabin, no matter what speed fan was on, the fan is working as I can hear it changing speed as I dial it up. Had noticed that airflow was ok for first hour of use and then seems to be choked off. No airflow from any of the vents. Dealer said had replaced filter and no problem found.
On a long run today found the problem is ongoing. However once home switched off engine and left for a couple of minutes and restarted and air flow then works ok. Suspect that if then went on run the airflow would then reduce again.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Has it always been the same? Have you got the system on auto? Mine has dual zone climate control which when fist livened up blows air very noticably, but as the interior heats up or cools the fan backs off and there is no discernable air flow at all. That said the car remains at the set temperature with no condensation on windows etc. It might be just how it is..

·
Registered
28 Posts
The foot heater is the only fault that i can find with my 2lt urban, The mid dash and window blowers are great , but you cant have them high heat for long as they do tend to to get very warm " the vents themselves really heat up" the lower or foot blower seems seems almost not there and gives out a very low trickle of hot air, My previous motor, a VW Passat estate had a great foot heater, in fact it was the only one i tended to use as it did heat up the full cabin without the need for hot air blasting round your face.I've tried lots of different ways to set the heaters but to no avail, there seems to be just 2 small tubes / hoses that feed the footwells, not a problem in the warmer months but we didn't seem to have many of them this year !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
igg
Thanks for the response.
No has not always been like this. We have used both auto and manual dual climate controls with no probs until now. The air flow is currently nil, although the fan is working on all speed settings. On the last two long trips we have had to open a window from time to time to refresh the air in the cabin and also to demist and clear condensation. When the car is left overnight the system will function correctly for a short period the following day. Makes me think that it may be an electrical system or possibly mechanical once a part or system element overheats?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If the pollen filter has ben changed, have you checked with the garage that it has been fitted properly? The pollen filter on mine has been changed twice with no problems.
You said However once home switched off engine and left for a couple of minutes and restarted and air flow then works ok. As the electrically operated baffles reset at start up, there may be a fault in that part of the electrics. Garage job - and blame it on a faulty fitting of the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts