Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite impressed yesterday that I got a call from Skoda asking if I had any problems with my Yeti and for my views on the dealership I bought it from. Bought the Yeti two month as ago and it is reassuring to know that Skoda are following up on cars that have been sold. Very pleased with my Yeti and it is a real pleasure to drive. The only "complaint" I had was that the sun visors are not low enough when the sun is very low in the sky but otherwise everything is fine.
Is the follow up call normal Skoda practice?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not in my experience, but good on them anyway!

·
Registered
394 Posts
We had a call from Simpsons, Calne a couple of weeks after we had our ex-Skoda car from them. They also said if there was anything we needed to know to call them, but we're members of this special little Yeti forum, aren't we

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also recently had Skoda satisfaction requests, an online enquiry regarding the quality of service/warranty work. Also as someone mentions Simpsons, Colne (when we bought our previous Skoda from)they rang us too to check all well. On the subject of disinterested Dealers regarding warranty, ours went back into Savilles, Kidderminster 2 weeks ago for a few silly issues one a vuvuzela band vibration behind the dash vents, stiff handbrake lever blind etc. Have to say I found no reticence to investigate & sort these matters. We didn't buy it from them either. I am glad to say they did a first class job fixing everything too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
CJBean said:
On the subject of disinterested Dealers regarding warranty, ours went back into Savilles, Kidderminster 2 weeks ago for a few silly issues one a vuvuzela band vibration behind the dash vents, stiff handbrake lever blind etc. didn't buy it from them either.
It should make no difference where you buy your Yeti if you take it to another site for warranty work.
In most cases the dealer is paid for the rectification work by SUK, so it is welcome income, plus it's a good chance to impress customers with a view to getting their servicing/parts business.
It seems odd that any dealer would be disinterested in warranty work. (there are only a small number of warranty adjustments that manufacturers are unlikely to reimburse their dealers for)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I note a few people saying their dealer contacted them as a courtesy call to check they were happy with their Yeti, which is what I expect nowadays and have been gettingfor the last number of cars from main dealers.....but this is the first time in many years were heard nothing/zilch (after 5 months!).

The dealer in question is D M Keith of Bradford......it may have been a oversight, as they were pleasant to initially deal with. But it would have been nice for"that" call.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Marmaduke, I've never received such a call, but am pleased to hear others have. By the way, if a car I buy has not got tinting at the top of the windscreen I always apply some tint film to the top 4" or so. Especially as the sun is a blinder in the late afternoon here is good old W.A.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whenever I've had a car in at D M Keith in Bradford shortly after I get an automated call asking if I was satisfied with the service. It's just a yes or no.I'd prefer the option to rate it from 1 to 9.
Keith

·
Registered
730 Posts
onceamazda said:
I note a few people saying their dealer contacted them as a courtesy call to check they were happy with their Yeti, which is what I expect nowadays and have been gettingfor the last number of cars from main dealers.....but this is the first time in many years were heard nothing/zilch (after 5 months!).

The dealer in question is D M Keith of Bradford......it may have been a oversight, as they were pleasant to initially deal with. But it would have been nice for"that" call.
Until my car went in for warranty work, I heard nothing from my supplying dealer (D M Keith Leeds). One wonders if that is a group policy. They seemed quick enough to contact prior to delivery.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife got hers last September. SUK rang about a month after delivery to check all was well.Was quite impressed to get the call. Needless to say, they got the answer they obviously hope for.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Graham said:
My wife got hers last September. SUK rang about a month after delivery to check all was well.Was quite impressed to get the call. Needless to say, they got the answer they obviously hope for.
[/QUOTE

Similar experience and timing. Couldn't fault the service from Sinclair Skoda, Swansea.]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts