Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti TSI 2011 Petrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my 11 plate Yeti on the 4/5/21. I have no idea as to when or if the cam belt should be replaced.
Could you please advise when this work should be done?
DA11PWO
66000+

Many thanks
Tim

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you have the Petrol TSI Yeti it will have a cam chain,not a belt.As long as it is running quietly,it should not need replacement.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Tarmbo. It's every 5 years regardless of mileage and if the engine has a cam belt driven water pump it's normal to change the water pump at the same time, as most of the work to get at the w/pump is already done.

As above, not all the Yeti engines have a cam belt.

It helps if you add some details (model, engine, year etc) of your Yeti to your signature line. Click on your avatar, top right and then Account settings and find Signature in the LH column.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advise, I'll check those details and get back to you.
I didn't find the "Signature", it was not in the list that you described.

Model Yeti S TSI
Engine 1197cc CBZ 437722
Year July 07

Thanks Guys.
Tim

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's in "account settings" when you click on your avatar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in "account settings" when you click on your avatar.
Sorry to be thick ...........Email, account type, Avatar, Location, Website, Vehicle details, about you, Identity and social media.

Signature do I not have.

Unless you know better .....
Tim

·
Registered
335 Posts
I see you now have confirmed your Yeti is the 1.2 TSI,and has a cam chain,not a belt.
It could be your chain has already been replaced,but if it’s running quietly then it’s fine,any wear will start to show up on start ups when it will sound noisy for a second or two.Change the oil and filter every 12 months using fully synthetic 5w30,and genuine or quality filter.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
6,656 Posts
Sorry to be thick ...........Email, account type, Avatar, Location, Website, Vehicle details, about you, Identity and social media.

Signature do I not have.

Tim
I suspect it may depend on what type of device you are using to view the forum? On a smart phone you only tend to see the main part or panel of each page. On iPads or Windows laptops though, you should see an additional panel to the left of the “Settings” list that you described. The “Signature” option is about 2/3 of the way down the list in that left hand panel.

Reactions: Slaphead and Robjon

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts

Signature do I not have.

Tim
I just took the liberty of doing it for you.

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
For future reference here is a handy guide to creating/amending your signature line(s)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suspect it may depend on what type of device you are using to view the forum? On a smart phone you only tend to see the main part or panel of each page. On iPads or Windows laptops though, you should see an additional panel to the left of the “Settings” list that you described. The “Signature” option is about 2/3 of the way down the list in that left hand panel.
Windows 10!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two months ago, I had to have a replacement Cam Belt. 100k miles or 5 years, (the 5 years got me), and they quoted the possible dire consequences if it wasn't replaced. So a nice little £500 bill I wasn't expecting.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
6,656 Posts
Two months ago, I had to have a replacement Cam Belt. 100k miles or 5 years, (the 5 years got me), and they quoted the possible dire consequences if it wasn't replaced. So a nice little £500 bill I wasn't expecting.
I don’t understand why you would not be expecting a cam belt change at five year intervals? Please explain?

P.S. up till around 8-9 years ago it often used to be 4 years. Then the improvements to the materials used in the belt’s manufacture allowed that to be extended safely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts