1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
786 Posts
"Another forum" - I didn't know there was one!

I assume this is the site but there is no Yeti listed. Maybe an email to them might be worth a try. My Russian's not that good though!The YouTube video is very recent so maybe the site needs updating...? It looks like they retail for around £35.

Edited by: discosteve

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No response to my email yet, I have also tried several ways of placing an order through their website but it did not appear to work. Still trying though.

I have now tried sending them an email with the text translated to Russion via google. What did the policeman in allo allo say "Gid moaning I was pissing your door", I hope the translation did not say something rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by: The Hood

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After sending an email in english and Russian I got the reply below, I wonder if my Russian was better than their English.

Hello, Derek. We shall know in the post how much the delivery. We take money Western Union. We need your complete mailing address. We also need your name, surname and patronymic. We shall write you in a week how much the delivery and the parcel.

Edited by: The Hood

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Maybe someone would do a group buy and possibly cut the postage. just a thought as they are coming a fair distance and knowing how superskoda charge for postage (theplastic front cover from them cost me £51 with postage)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Agreed, but where should they get posted to in the UK. Whoever gets them, would then have to ship onto everyone else, with the associated costs of postage, packing and trouble. I think "the Hood" has done enough already.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It could be worth a try, although the Royal mail could make it messy.

I once ordered some special socks for my wife from America which cost around £30. There was a hefty customs charge and collection feelevied by their approved enforcer (not just VAT),guess who that was, yes you guessed, The Royal Mail, they treated the socks as if they were Duty frees.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have emailed them again, mentioning that there may be several others who would also like to buy the grill. I have asked them if they have ever thought of selling on Ebay so that it would be easier to buy from abroad and pay with Paypal. I have also looked on the Russian Ebay website just in case they do already but got nowhere. I also looked at the Western Union site, 1700 rubels is 35.37 which has a fee of 4.90 making a total price of 40.27 plus carriage. I am happy to be a guinea pig and see if it works, if I go to a Western Union office and hand over cash I only stand to loose the price of the item.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have replied, the postage is 950 rub giving a total UK cost of around £64.54 with postage and WU fees. If that saves a hole in my rad it will be money well spent. I've sent them my details and await payment details, Iwill update as things progress.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've sent the money via Western Union it was a fully inclusive total of 60.36. I have just emailed them the transfer number but with the time difference of three hours they will have already finished work.

When this is sucessfully completed I will be more than happy to help anyone with getting one or if possible arrange a group buy. I could also take the grill along to the post office and find out how much the UK postage would be if a group buy was made, as they would need to be forwarded to each person this end.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I got the following reply today
Thanks a lot! Monday to send a parcel.

One slightly worrying thing is that Western Union still show the money as available for recipient. I was told I had to supply the first and last namje of the person the money is for, so I guessed at
First names: Kokaevoy Oksana Last name Viktorovna. If I got it wrong they will not be able to get the money.

The Russianshad asked me for my name, surname and patronymic

Fingers crossed for Monday

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the email below yesterday (Wednesday), I wonder if my Russian email is as awkward as their English. No tracking number yet, they seem very laid back and it is a very small order with a lot of work on their part, luckily it should be early enough not to get mixed in with the Christmas post.

Hello! Not yet taken, going to pick up today. Your package went yesterday. Now we wait until assign a number to send mail, and it will be Thursday. Later in the afternoon we will send you the parcel number, and you will be able to track the parcel to that number, the website address in Russia.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As far as I can make out the grill has left Russia, posted Oct 30th, in tracking system 31st Oct, cleared customs 3rd Nov, exported 5th November at 1744.
The Russia post website does not yet have a fully English service, once past the first page it reverts to Russian and details are quite sparse.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts