Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yeti Monte Carlo TSI 1.4 fwd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Today my temperature selection on the driver's side got stuck on 24C when I was rotating it during a trip. I cannot feel anything physically wrong with the knob, it's still "clicky" and rotates without any problems. I'm able to turn on the heat for the seat by pushing the knob. There's no problems with the passenger side and when I disable the dual mode both sides indicate 24C.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas if it's a software glitch or maybe something with the knob itself?
I've looked around on the Internet without finding anything helpful.

I have a 2016 Yeti Monte Carlo.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,893 Posts
I believe I remember something like that resolved by swapping the unit with an eBay 2nd hand one.

Reactions: Lefty

·
Registered
2016 Yeti Monte Carlo TSI 1.4 fwd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered a control unit from a scrapyard and swapped it out. The replacement unit works and I'm able to change the temperature via the knob.
Thanks for the help!

What I did:
I removed the plastic shroud surrounding the control and infotainment units with a plastic butter knife which was quite easy to do.
I then removed the old control unit and checked it but couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it and that's when I ordered a replacement part.
The part number can be found on a sticker on the backside of the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts