Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had my Yeti for nearly four months, but did not openthe plastic bag and look at the cargo nets until today. They do appear to be well made and would do a good job of restraining or holding various items. But to what use will I put them? I'm not sure to tell you the truth, so I thought I would ask the question.What do you use your cargo nets for?

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Side one has 2 waterproof jackets and a pair of gloves in.
Long one is hooked on the clips nearest the seats and holds back a tool box, shopping box, bottle of oil, and a bottle of screen wash. The inside is used for items of shopping.
Floor one is used to hold bags etc when out shopping.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Only use the side one SWMBO puts all her reusable shopping bags in it, the rest arestuffedin the side pocket ready for that time I need to hold something still in the boot

·
Registered
90 Posts
really its simple. when you load up nore than normal the cargo net does what it says that is to protect the occupants from fliing luggage. what it will never happen to you?I said that twice tge second time the net saved us from injury

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
The nets that you get depend on whether you have a spare wheel or not. I have a spare wheel andgot two nets, a small one which lives on the left side of the boot and a wide low one that goes behind the rear seats. The securing strap came off the wide one before it was even fitted. They are like elasticated string shopping bags and don't hold much and wobble all over the place, I tend not to use them. The ones you get without a spare wheel sound much better.

·
Administrator
4,429 Posts
Only use a side one and right now it's holding my tyresnow socks ready for the next time i may need them. Easy to get at without removing everything from the boot.
Guessing that in Australia you'll be storing your thongs (flip-flops) given the difference in the weather.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are spot on SnowGood; that's where we keep are thongs, budgie smugglers, suncream and a hat (corks are optional). Wishing you a Bonza day!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies and suggestionsguys. Hood, I did not know there was a difference in supplied gargo nets visa vis spare wheel. so what is supplied when you don't get a spare wheel?

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
With the raised floor created by having a spare wheel it is more difficult getting to the attachment points which the bottom of the nets attach, I don't think Graham has a spare and he mentions a floor net which I did not get. The higher floor also means that the "carrier bag" hooks on railsin the boot are slightly too low in relation to the floorto hold a bag upright, but I would much rather have a spare wheel/tyre and do not consider it a problem with what is an extremely good car.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Correct, no spare in mine. If you do have one, a couple of strong zip/tie-wraps zipped into a loop around the attachments should help in putting the nets on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Hood, sorry about the smelling mistakes as I have been using the mobile phone and you can`t see all the wordsAny way my cargo net is huge and spreads from wall to wall and roof to floor, we also have a bottle tidy to stop them from rolling around the boot, no not beer bottles.
I have been waiting for the snow as I am taking four seasonal photos of a farm up in Buxton and the winter one would be great to shoot a white out.
So picture this, the snow fell all over Stoke on Trent a good 6 inches so I set off the 40 mile up to the Peak District only to fall at the first hurdle, grid lock, nothing was moving in stoke. so later i tried again, same again so I phoned my mate up Buxton only to be told that they have no snow to speak of.
Good job i didn`t go eh! you would of thought that up in the High Peak it would be full of snow before our lower lying towns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts