Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was running a sweep via the obd the other week and found a new custom option how many gallons to refill , totally pointless but hey !

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I wonder how accurate that is? I don't suppose you filled up to check?
I have this indication on mine and I happened to top up the tank today.

The MFD said "Refuel 4 gal" - - - the pump clicked off at 35.11 litres which is 7.7 gallons!

That amount roughly agreed with the fuel gauge reading and at the time my average consumption was showing as around 48mpg.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
6,656 Posts
U.S. or Imperial?

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
With all this confusion and inaccuracy associated with these complicated and archaic imperial units that have no inter-compatibility between them, like these “gallon” thingies, isn’t it about time someone invented a series of linked measurement units? Where say everything was based on units or multiples of 10 and volumes were based on the density of a commonly occurring substance, such as water?

Oh.....? Wait..... :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where say everything was based on units or multiples of 10 and volumes were based on the density of a commonly occurring substance, such as water?

Which begs the question, to me at least, at what temperature is your water?
I didn't know. But I do now ... 39.2 farenheit!!

Just don't take my miles away from me ... I lived in Germany for three years, and still had to convert kilometers to miles to appreciate distances.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Just don't take my miles away from me ... I lived in Germany for three years, and still had to convert kilometers to miles to appreciate distances.
Ah - those Romans had a lot to answer for?
If only they'd continued to rule Europe, we'd have a series of connected nations by now, that all had freedom of movement for citizens to find work or retire, and traded as a single unified market. Possibly even with a unified currency that didn't involve paying huge fees to currency exchange sharks every time you crossed an internal border.

Oh... Wait...? (Again?)

If you live or travel around around the island of Ireland, converting from km to miles and back is something you get used to on a daily basis. Especially if your daily work takes you either side of the invisible RoI / NI border. Still doesn't help with that elusive sense of values though. :) Similar for Canadians who regularly cross to the US. Australians managed to the conversion from miles to km reasonably successfully though. Even while staying driving on the left! :D

Yup 4 degs. C for maximum. As I used to find regularly in caves during my potholing activity period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts