Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
If anyone has a Carista (originally said Variety one), it now has a function to enable
DPF to regenerate.
Tried it out,. It clears the DPF after 6 miles. Handy for me as
doing a lot of short trips taking better half to work and back.
NHS key worker so I won't let her take public transport.
Stay Safe
'B'

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**** auto spell
Should read Carista

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
variety one should read carista

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a play with it this morning, good points and bad points:
Good;
according to VAGDPF it dropped the residual load in the DPF by 10% down to 13% compared to a normal regen.
Bad;
the software doesn't tell you its finished a regen so apart from the light going out on the dash you have no way of telling that its finished.
The app doesn't keep the screen alive so you can't see the numbers decreasing.
I wonder if the number of regens is limited same as I believe forced dealer regens are.
Other than that seems good

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The DPF light comes on when you start the regen and goes off when regen finished.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
The DPF light comes on when you start the regen and goes off when regen finished.
Well I've owned diesel Yeti's for 10+ years and my DPF light has never illuminated when a regen was occuring.

·
Administrator
13,446 Posts
I think it may only light when carrying out a forced regeneration as I have never seen mine on either (apart from when ignition on and engine not started). I would never force a regen with VCDS unless it was entirely necessary.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the light comes on as the hood says.
yes the force regen is necessary,
with so many short trips the dpf soon requires emptying

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
I would have thought if you need to force regenerations you have got the wrong engine and need to change to petrol.
Or for a period a much reduced mileage is covered because of pandemic or illness etc without making a kneejerk reaction to change.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
  • The point I am trying to get across is.
  • Because Wales is still in lockdown with only essential travel I am not doing
  • my normal mileage to maintain the DPF. So if I need to do a regen, I have the
  • App to carry it out, without excess travel.

·
Administrator
13,446 Posts
Or for a period a much reduced mileage is covered because of pandemic or illness etc without making a kneejerk reaction to change.
A good example where a response could be misinterpreted on a forum, as I just made a comment rather than knee jerk reaction, and I assume your reply is not intended to appear as hostile as it does.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts