Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Put a Carista dongle in the other day, came out this morning and the battery was flat, qustion is does the dongle if left in drain the battery when the car is not in use?
Also showing stabilisation and powertrain faults whilst trying to start, and TPMS icon flashing, is this normal when battery goes flat? Wasn't showing any faults prior to this happening.
Thanks for any replies.
Darfash

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The dongle will add to the battery drain when the car isn't used. The OBD2 post has a permanent live pin.
Yes, those fault lights are due to the flat battery. Once the battery is recharged and the engine started they will likely remain but will go out once you have driven the car a short distance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My OBD11 bluetooth dongle is plugged in 24/7/365 never noticed any extra battery drain. It should shut down when not in use.

Reactions: Urrell

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that! RAC guy thinks the boot is not shutting properly and draining the battery. WIll get a new battery this coming week (still on original battery apparently) and see if local Skoda can check the boot switch in a week or so, and I will take the Carista out when not in use. Thanks again.
My OBD11 bluetooth dongle is plugged in 24/7/365 never noticed any extra battery drain. It should shut down when not in use.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for that! RAC guy thinks the boot is not shutting properly and draining the battery. WIll get a new battery this coming week (still on original battery apparently) and see if local Skoda can check the boot switch in a week or so, and I will take the Carista out when not in use. Thanks again.
I leave carista plugged in 24/7 for the past 4 years and never had problem with battery.
Carista doesn't connect until ignition is on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
but the Lights go off after a short while with the Tailgate open (Maybe not if the engine running. Yes they stay on if its not shut properly but then it would show on the Maxi dot it does not show the tailgate open just the vehicle . Worth checking out before you give Skoda a Blank cheque

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
852 Posts
My Yeti is not used Mon-Fri and I leave my OBDeleven plugged in permanently.

I don't have any battery drain issues.

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts