Yeti Owners Club banner

cd player

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  beanfeast 
#1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how to turn off the cd player, or turn the volume down, when the sat nav is on at the same time without turning down the sat nav. a bit confusing? While driving with the sat-nav on and the cd player I could not hear the sat-nav so I turned the little wheel on the steering wheel down but the sat-nav voice disappeared not the cd so I tried turning down the volume controle on the cd player panel but this didn't work either. Owner manual says simply clever apparently I'm not. Can anyone please explain what I'm doing wrong. By the way love my Yeti, his name is Dino. He is a 1.2 SE plus in white. Had him from new in March this year.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Poochie, I'm not sure what model of Sat Nat you've got but on my Amundsen+ you cannot turn off the main unit and keep the sat nav working. So you have to turn down the volume for the radio/CD to zero which will pause any music you are playing and keep the volume up for the sat nav.

The volumes are controlled separately, the tick is knowing how to do it! When the radio is playing, the volume control on the steering wheel and knob on the unit will control that volume. When the nice lady in the sat nav is giving instructions, the steering wheel and knob on the unit will control her volume.

To change the sat nat volume, either press the centre knob (has to be in direction mode and she will repeat the current direction) or change it in settings from the Setup button.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

Edited by: discosteve

#5 ·
Hi

Please can anyone suggest on the below problem:
Today I got a problem on using Media on Bolero. I try to select a CD, but that is not loaded. On display there is a message " CD loading, please wait ....."
Inside the Bolero there are 6 CDs but no one can be loaded so I can use them. It looks they are stuck inside. I was thinking to remove and place again the radio fuse, probably it will restart the Bolero radio, but I am not sure

thank you in advance

#7 ·
Hi

I pressed SETUP buton for 5 or 6 seconds but didn't reset the unit. Now the MEDIA is not available at all. When I press MEDIA buton , get " Medium not available".
I'll try to remove and plug in the respective fuse. It seems as last option before going to Service Company.

#10 ·
Hi JIMBOMK2 welcome to the forum, when my Bolero threw a wobbly I disconnected the battery for around thirty seconds and then reconnected it. That made the radio reset itself, the radio code is stored in the ecu so you will not need to enter it. I disconnected the battery as it was easier than messing around with a fuse. If you get any warning lights on afterwards don't worry they will go out after a very short drive.

Just make sure everything is turned off and the key out of the ignition.

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum Jimbomk2
. Maybe you can tell us a bit more about the problem you are having as there are two problems reported in this thread. The Hood's reset trick has worked for others so with a bit of luck it will for you too.

#12 ·
OOPS....sorry just as mentioned by BNES in the post before mine. all 6 cd slots show as empty( I know it has five inside) tried the fuse removal for 5 mins and now displays "medium not available " and still shows empty cd slots also sometimes "device error" will not let me eject or insert cd's. I am worried that this may be the end of the Bolero.

#14 ·
Is there any noise indicating that the unit is trying to eject a CD? If so, on "the other place" someone suggested trying to capture the ejecting CD between two credit cards (or similar) pushed into the slot and pulling it out. Are they standard CDs or CD-Rs which are a bit thicker?

#15 ·
I'm sorry I'm no help with this, but this thread reminds me of the time I had a Ford Focus many years ago with a 6 disc multiplayer. There were 6 discs in it when it stopped working and I exhausted every avenue (apart from the overpriced dealership option) of trying to remove them.I ended up removing the player from the car and then prising it open to remove all the discs, permanently putting it out of action - well the CD's were worth about £12 each in those days! I then replaced it with an Ebay single disc player and it lived happily ever after...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.