Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Yert owner I have to say how impressed I am with the car.There are a couple of things I'm sure some more mature Yeti owners can help me with.
1. How do I get the clock to appear in the central display not just on the dot control for the driver'
2. When playing CDs can the album and track names be displayed on the central display?
I have tried to find this info out in the manual but can't seem to find anything.
I purchased a 2009 2.0 TDI SE 140 if this helps. I think the media system is a Bolero.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome. The clock in the central display is a thing that is mentioned a lot, and it cannot be made to show, a few have got so fed up with the other half asking the time they have bought a small digital clock, and stuck it on the passenger side
Also the CD will not show track names, I have put all my CDs on a SD card, more convenient and shows track ans title on the display,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wakev,thanks for the info. I just tried installing a triple CD, Eddie Stobard Trucking Songs and each one has come up in the display. I think some CDs must support naming and others not. This is the only one I have found out or 6 I have tried.
I think I will do the same as yourself and put them on an SD card.
Re the clock. I was provided with a new SE Yeti while mine was in getting the air conditioning checked under warranty and the time is displayed on the central display on this new SE model. I think they must have upgraded the function.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Clock; as already said.

CD listing: depends on how the original CD is coded. Most modern ones now do include the track details and this will show when playing both the CD or from the SD card.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Tango Whisky said:
I was provided with a new SE Yeti while mine was in getting the air conditioning checked under warranty and the time is displayed on the central display on this new SE model.
Did the loan car have a Bolero radio or an Amunsden? I think the time is displayed on the Amunsden. On my 2012 build there is not even an option to display the time on a Bolero with VCDS. (VCDS is a cable and software that enables you to access the engine management system).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replying "the hood", yes I have the bolero system. The new system must have made the appropriate changes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The time doesn't show on my cd display and I have a 13 plate Yeti SE with Bolero radio system. Also not had any cds (recent or old) that have displayed the track info.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
I think about 75% of the CD's that I've put onto SD cards show the track info, with those that don't I add it myself using a laptop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a number of CD's that do show the song title on the Bolero display, it's down to whether or not disc was prepared with a 'CD Text' function. In my experience, very few have it and generally only those very big names bother with it.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I'd disagree with the last part of that!
My SD card has 18 CD's on it, from the likes of Steeleye Span to a small local Welsh band called Calan, and from Caro Emerald to the Breton, Dan ar Braz. Neither of the two Celtic groups are exactly "mainstream" but they have fully functioning track details showing.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Llanigraham said:
My SD card has 18 CD's on it, from the likes of Steeleye Span to a small local Welsh band called Calan, and from Caro Emerald to the Breton, Dan ar Braz. Neither of the two Celtic groups are exactly "mainstream" but they have fully functioning track details showing.
I believe that sometimes it's the 'ripping' or conversion process that applies the track names etc rather than them being encoded on the CD. This data is pulled through from the internet when your rip the CD to your SD card via your computer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Tango Whisky and welcome to the forum. Hope you are enjoying your Yeti.
As most people seem to be telling you, some CDs will show track info, most will not. I had the same problem not long after receiving my Yeti. I listen to most of my music via MP3 files on SD card which shows all the info; Track, Artist and Album; and when I tried a CD there was no info. I contacted the dealer whom spent best part of a day checking the system before realising what everybody else seemed to know, i.e. the info will only be shown via. the SD slot. Thought they would have known this beforehand!
The Bolero system is great but again, as you have already been told, the clock cannot be displayed on it.

I listen to Digital radio at home; 'Planet Rock' mainly; and wondered if anybody knows of a cost effective way to upgrade the Bolero system to get DAB in the Yeti? I know about the 'Pure' Highway, but are there any other alternatives?

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
discosteve said:
Llanigraham said:
I believe that sometimes it's the 'ripping' or conversion process that applies the track names etc rather than them being encoded on the CD. This data is pulled through from the internet when your rip the CD to your SD card via your computer.
All those mentioned I've got in CD and SD card format and all of them show the track titles and timings which ever version the system is playing from, so the "ripping" had nothing to do with it.
Even the CD player in the caravan, which has no SD in-put, shows the details of those CD's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts