Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Does anyone know how to "ping off" the central armrest on an Elegance?
Having it down obstructs the handbrake, and having it up impinges on the rear space.
Thanks in advance, Pete.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have neither of those problems. Nor does anyone else I know...(I have to presume that you do realise that the armrest moves fore and aft.)

·
Registered
220 Posts
The centre console is poorly designed. Even in the fully back position my forearm fouls the console when operating the handbrake. So that's two of us with this problem. For what it's worth I am

6'-2" and have the driver's seat nearly all the way back. It's just something else,along with the other Yeti niggles I have learnt to live with.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Electronic brake,yee gods please no.It's what stopped my initial purchase of a VW,terrible thing it was,orrible.Dont do it Skoda please dont do it.You just know that one day it's gonna go pop in Tesco's car park or some other outa the way place and you're stuffed by one little servo,all for the sake of a proper handbrake.Noooooooooo.Also at 6-2 plus I have no prob with the armrest,I guess as Mike Tee say's,it's just one o them thing's you get used to.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
My previous car (Mazda Premacy) had a hinged armrest, no matter where I put it, it was in the way. When I removed it there was a bolt sticking out the side of the seat, so it had to stay on. As a result I tend to keep my elbow quite high when using the handbrake which solves this problem for me on the Yeti.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Suzuki, if you are worried by an electronic handbrake brake don't think too much about your throttle!
I have seen the hand brake switch applied at 70mph that was an alarming idea but sadly will take all the drama out of car chases.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No,that's it.I never considered the throttle or any other gizmo to tell you the truth.I will now sit back and become slowly paranoid.Thankyou Ferdie.I really did not like that handbrake though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,I concede that my wife is vertically challenged compared to the standard CZ ladies we see at Wimbledon, and even on the highest seat setting there is a lot of headroom so I guess this is the root of our "problem".
I found how to completely remove the armrest from the excellent http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170915823783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
but that would leave two ugly slots.
I was hoping someone could tell me how toping the sliding leather top part off its black flap. Someone out there must be putting it together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts