Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
The footbrake will only hold for long enough to get into gear and pull away, about 3 seconds.

·
Administrator
14,193 Posts
The brake assist/boost increase the amount of assistance the servo gives, not referring to hill hold control.

From memory (long time since I did it) there are only three settings and it is on medium from the factory. One of the vcds updates removed the ability to do it, but I think it came back in a later update, I doubt if Carista is up to doing that.

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Some things are only one step. Click on the little Save with a bookmark icon on the bottom right of the post next to Share.
Find the posts you have bookmarked by clicking on your account icon top right(Account Details) and select Bookmarks.
That worked! Tonight’s new forum learning point.... ?.

Reactions: SnowGood

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What exactly happens after the Carista dongle free month expires, is one simply unable to make any further setting changes again?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
What exactly happens after the Carista dongle free month expires, is one simply unable to make any further setting changes again?
It does not expire you have to cancel it but if from Amazon you get an email to remind you to do that.
It still functions as an OBD11 reader and gives faults in plain English as well as the fault code.

After I had it a few months I needed to use it to cancel a couple of fault codes that left lights on the dials.
I think it was about £7 to buy a weeks full use again.

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
I believe you can make changes but you need to purchase a "pass". £34 for a year or £10 for a week. This gives access to Advanced Diagnostics, Customizations, and Advanced Service functions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cool, thank you, are the advanced features of much use and worth the extra expense? I do have one and have already done a few tweaks simple tweaks.

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
If the car is running fine and you have done the customisations you want (and don't want to reverse them) then you are unlikely to use the advanced bits so cancel the subscription. As Urrell says in it's basic mode it still analyses fault codes so can be useful. There are plenty of other apps that are compatible with the adapter if you want other functions as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK, thanks. I'm just wondering if I should up the brake assist from normal to high, as Hood suggests it's a good idea.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
OK, thanks. I'm just wondering if I should up the brake assist from normal to high, as Hood suggests it's a good idea.
Are you happy with how the brake pedal "feels" at the moment or would you like them to feel lighter?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Hmmm...I've had the car for 10 days, maybe I should give it another week...did you find the change slight or significantly different? Can't harm to try I guess.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts