·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to let my beast from the east go1.8tsi elegance 61plate
looked at the audi q3 and i am going to purchase this motor
the yeti has been a tremendous motor had no problems at all
loved the 4x4 and off road button
the only snag i found was that it wasnt a very good looking car, people would say it
looks like a van
wasnt really bothered about that i thought, but imust have now im getting the audi.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Glad that you enjoyed the beastie during ownership.
Unfortunately it's a fact of life that if you want the vertical loading capability that the Yeti has the vehicle willinevitably look 'boxy'. This has never bothered me but I can undersand that others may take a different perspective.
Enjoy the Audi which is a good car.
Shanco

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You may find a bit familiarity about your new A3. Audi are VAG cars too and as such there is a fair bit of parts sharing amongst the group. It even shares the same PQ35 platform as the Yeti is built on.
Gotta love that new car smell. Enjoy your new toy.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
828 Posts
for Yeti,
for Audi. My daughter-in-law sold her Audi rag top A3 shortly after finding how much of the Audi was the same as a SKODA, and our spae wheel having Audi stamped on it sealed her cars fate! Her and my son are a bit 'badge snobby'.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The 1.2 TSI has got VW, Audi, Skoda and SEAT stamps on the engine, gearbox and the radiator ID label.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its an interesting one. Having found most of the parts of my Yeti have four circles on them I am tempted to change the badge!!
Enjoy your new car.
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts