We've had some pretty chilly mornings lately and although the car starts instantly, the engine is a little slower to turn over. Obviously the oil is pretty thick when it's below zero, but it made me look at the battery, which I think is the original. I'm hoping not to have to change it just yet so was thinking of giving it a charge overnight. The handbook (P209) is a bit unhelpful regarding disconnection of the battery cables, but I'm tempted to leave them connected. The charger is an ancient Halfords one, but seems to behave itself, the charge dropping off as the battery reaches full capacity. The handbook says 'A charging current of 0.1 multiple of the total vehicle battery capacity(or lower) must be used until full charging is achieved'. This is a bit too techie for me. Car is a 2014 FL 2.0 2WD. Any thoughts please folks?