Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cleaning products does everyone use to keep their Yetis looking Tip Top? I've just bought myself an Auto Glym valeting kit but have seen mentioned, that others have had their yeti's done with Lifeshine or G3 Ceramic coating. How good are these and are they worth shelling out for?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I use autoglym products on mine, wash it about twice a month and polish it about once every 2 months, and apply the extra gloss protection every 6 months.

I did have autoglym lifeshine put on this one, and I do find it stops the presents left by the dive bombing feathered critters affecting the lacquer finish, and it cleans off easer.

You can get the lifeshine from ebay and apply it yourself a lot cheaper than having it done by them,

some will say its not worth it but I am pleased I had it done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks wakev, certainly does look nice and shiny. You've mentioned using a paint sealer on your other Yeti?
I've seen the Lifeshine products on ebay but was a bit wary as someone else was posting about them being fakes i.e. used bottles filled with normal cleaner etc.?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
On my first yeti after I had polished it a few times i applied wonder-glaze paint sealer, (don't know if you can still get it my son bought it years ago for his black mini)then I polished it with turtle wax colour magic, that did give a good shine as well. Again put the wonder-glaze on every 6 months.

Just found it with google http://www.jlbradshaw.ie/view_product_detail.asp?pid=5294&secid=144&scatid=110&cid=600&act=show

this was taken when it was about 13 months old

my old and new yeti on change over day

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
4 Posts
CodHead said:
What cleaning products does everyone use to keep their Yetis looking Tip Top? I've just bought myself an Auto Glym valeting kit but have seen mentioned, that others have had their yeti's done with Lifeshine or G3 Ceramic coating. How good are these and are they worth shelling out for?
Paint protection is worth the money if you choose the right product and people to apply it. We sell G-3 Glasscoat and were (currently) the only Detailers in the Uk Approved to apply this sealant.

Its applied to the wheels, windows, plastics, seats etc etc.

The difference with G-3 to any other paint sealant is its not Polymer Based. Most sealants are polymer based, so in order to protect your paint the sealant sits on top and does the protecting.

Where g-3 Glasscoat is different is it actually bonds into the paint, meaning the only other way to get it off is to machine polish and or wet sand where a polymer can be washed off after just a few wash's.

Where the main difference is to myself and the dealers is that my process includes a 28+ stage wash, clay bar, machine polishing to remove blemishes before the sealant is applied where a dealer would just apply the sealant over the blemishes and wax's that are on the paint. No sealing blemishes to me is beside the point, if you're going to protect anything, you may as well protect the best finish possible.

More info can be found on our site www.mobile-detailing.co.uk.

I'v done a members car today which i'll post the photos once he's seen them

All the best,

Nick

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi CodHead, I use Meguiar's. They do a 3-step product:

Step 1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Step 2 - Deep Crystal Polish
Step 3 - Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax

and it gives a great finish...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts