Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a weird one this. I've noticed lately while changing up gears (especially 1st to 2nd) that I'm getting a dull thud when going into 2nd gear. It does do it in all gears if I change gear quite quickly, but it is a lot more noticeable from 1st to 2nd. This is definitely a new problem and my driving style has't changed!

The noise 100% sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. Sometimes I can also replicate the noise when the car is stationary, going from 1st to 2nd with the clutch down, but it doesn't make the sound all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what it might be?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies, have given me a few ideas and a few more questions.

I think the diff noise might need further investigation, but I'm hoping that isn't the case! A bit more info on the Yeti, it's a 2014, 65K, last had Haldex serviced in late 2019, and I don't think its ever towed anything...

The donut had crossed my mind, the bit that I'm not understanding is how I can get it to make a noise when the clutch is depressed. From driving it a bit more it seems it is the action of moving into gear (clutch depressed) that makes the clunk as well as using clutch normally, It almost sounds like something is rolling about in the boot.

I was wondering if there is anything on the rear diff/haldex that is triggered by the action of changing gear that could be causing the noise?

Many thanks once again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts