Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just been reading the threads on clutch failures on the Yeti. I don't have a problem yet, but I'm a bit concerned about the strange noise from my car when clutch takes up from cold. It sounds like something between a screech and wind blowing down the exhaust pipe. It doesn't happen when I reverse out of the garage, but only on the first couple of power take ups moving forward. After a couple of minutes there is no further problem. Also it is not apparent on every cold start. Car has done 14700 miles.
Any expert thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Toyboydave

·
Premium Member
5,331 Posts
Still under warranty?

·
Administrator
14,842 Posts
Llanigraham said:
Still under warranty?

+1

If it is get down to the dealer and make it known. If they say no fault found have a work with Skoda UK, then if at a later date it fails there will be a record of your visit and they cannot say it is misuse and abuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All
Yes and I have extended it for an extra year. Due MOT next month so will point it out then, but I am looking to other owners to get a feel for potential problems. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Dave, My Yeti with a DSG box has travelled about the same distance as yours and I have not experienced one issue with its clutch or gearbox. Do provide a future report of any findings!

·
Registered
471 Posts
toyboydave said:
Hi All

Just been reading the threads on clutch failures on the Yeti. I don't have a problem yet, but I'm a bit concerned about the strange noise from my car when clutch takes up from cold. It sounds like something between a screech and wind blowing down the exhaust pipe. It doesn't happen when I reverse out of the garage, but only on the first couple of power take ups moving forward. After a couple of minutes there is no further problem. Also it is not apparent on every cold start. Car has done 14700 miles.
Any expert thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Toyboydave
HI Toyboy
Despite what you have read on forums,I do not think that there is a common problem with Yeti clutches, in fact it is quite unusual.
However I would not put off taking it in to your Skoda dealership, don't wait for the MOT, that is quite a different issue & often handled by a another mechanic.(+ you are approaching 3 years!)
Make sure that the dealer has a note in their records & you would be advised to demonstrate the problem to the dealership staff.
Also get the clutch checked ASAP, as extended warranties (even manufacturers)can have different cover especially as regards clutches.
The advice given by the above members is I assure you spot on.
Very best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Edited by: JOOKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts