Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outdoor SE 2.0 109hp TDI CR 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
had our awesome yeti a few months, just about to take it accross france so i thought id get into the whole map update thing
so our car seems to be a "between the cracks" car is it fits in different camps but i have no idea which way i need to go with updating the maps
It has a Columbus unit but it dont know what its model number is
The manual says it should have the maps on a DVD but when i checked the version it says its on HDD
car was registered november 2014
i ordered a blacnk SD card to do the download but SKODA update forum says no download for my VIN

i have added below the images i get from setup
does this mean anything to anyone

i have seen other posts where the advice was that they needed an update sd card
i found this one
but it then says its for a certain columbus unit and i dont have a scooby what i have

help me obi-wan yeti gurus your my only hope
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Gadget Output device
Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Audio equipment Electronic device

Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Administrator
5,842 Posts
If as you show it's a Columbus then the Skoda Portal is not going to help as that only provides updates for the Amundsen II head unit. The Columbus does have the Sat Nav maps stored on the hard disk but they are download from a DVD so you need the latest maps on DVD. Not a recommendation, as I have never used them but this is the thing I think you should be looking for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much
I guess I just need to work out if I need DVD-A or DVD-B !!!!!
Nothing like this is ever seems to be easy
That was a dumb statement, looked at the link properly and it’s A for west Europe and B for east europe
So it’s simples
I’ll give that a bash

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Chris, If you do order from these guys can you let us know how you got on with the update. I have a Columbus as well, I don't really need the maps updated as I either know where I'm going / don't need to drive into new estates or roads as yet but I'll need to update it at some point.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris, If you do order from these guys can you let us know how you got on with the update. I have a Columbus as well, I don't really need the maps updated as I either know where I'm going / don't need to drive into new estates or roads as yet but I'll need to update it at some point.

Cheers
Yes of course, will do 👍

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
Slightly off track but you said you are going to France. As of a few weeks ago you need a UK sticker for your car, a GB sticker/plate and the EU symbol on the number plate are no longer sufficient.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slightly off track but you said you are going to France. As of a few weeks ago you need a UK sticker for your car, a GB sticker/plate and the EU symbol on the number plate are no longer sufficient.
wow, thankyou, i had no idea, would have rocked up with my GB sticker if you hadnt mentioned it (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that two items - UK sticker plus GB sticker/plate? So you need a new plate to go to France? The idea of a UNITED Kingdom is a bit of a fib and are the French really thinking of us as GREAT again;)?

·
Administrator
5,842 Posts
Just UK sticker.

Perhaps Gibraltar will change theirs's to just GB or is it still reserved so we can go back to it at some time in the future?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems to be that you need a U.K. sticker but you can have the Union Jack with it too, it’s unclear if you have to cover up the gb sticker

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
I use a magnetic plate so if need be, I could have a GBUK, that would confuse them :)
It would do that!
You would also be infringing UK rules though.
Next quote taken from www.gov.uk
“If you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it before driving outside the UK.”

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
Is GB still reserved so we can go back to it at some time in the future?
Yes. ISO keep former country codes reserved forever. Same way they’ve had UK reserved “for future use” ever since the ISO3166 standard was created.

It’s just our UK government telling us we can’t use GB any more.

Reactions: SnowGood
1 - 17 of 17 Posts