Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a new Yeti owner. I'm hoping somebody may be able to put me out of my misery!

Car (2012 model) came fitted with Columbus sat nav and I thought I'd check to see if there was a map update. I found the Navteq website (now 'HERE' apparently) and can download latest version, but I need to check my version first. They give instructions on how to do this and so does the supplied manual, these are both different and neither works! My on screen options seem not to be as they say.

Anybody any ideas? Many thanks for any help.

Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bill Shepard said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a new Yeti owner. I'm hoping somebody may be able to put me out of my misery!

Car (2012 model) came fitted with Columbus sat nav and I thought I'd check to see if there was a map update. I found the Navteq website (now 'HERE' apparently) and can download latest version, but I need to check my version first. They give instructions on how to do this and so does the supplied manual, these are both different and neither works! My on screen options seem not to be as they say.

Anybody any ideas? Many thanks for any help.

Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wouldn't mind knowing if and how to update the Amundsen + Sat Nav as well. I can't help feeling it's missing a trick or two, or certainly some silicon grey cells.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another Columbus question if anyone is feeling clever.

Have looked everywhere but cannot see how to change the frequency of audio instructions. Driving home tonight there was an accident close to where I live. In the 90 minutes I was driving the satnav told me 48 times that my route had been changed due to the traffic conditions.

Please help me before I go mad with this...lol

Is there a setting to say "only tell me once"? Or should I acknowledge its genius at diverting me in some way? Flowers? Choccies? Anything to stop its nagging! I don't want to turn off all instructions, just this annoying messsage.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you get anywhere with this Bill?
The HERE website also mentions that it would be available on an SD card from the dealer. I'll be betting that this is at a cost!

Any idea how much?

They seem to be trying to put you off downloading the information, saying it could take hours - is that the case?

I know when I update my maps on my TomTom Start 25, (which is free for life), it seems to take a long while but not more than half an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts