Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been out to take a photo of the label in the boot showing engine and options codes and to my horror have found the area under the carpet next to the near-side wheel where the label is situated is wet.

I have not investigated this yet as I am recovering from the lurgy but I am surprised to see this in a 2014 vehicle.

The water has beaded on the metal so I am wondering if this is condensation. The off-side is dry. The car is parked pointing up hill on my sloping drive.

My recently purchased Yeti is still covered by a three month warranty which I hope will cover this.

Until such time that I am feeling well enough to investigate has anyone had this problem?

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Does the rear window wash work?
It's possible that if not enough anti freeze in the washer fluid it can force the joints in the tubing apart during frosty weather. I had that on a Fabia.
Finding the break is the hard part.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear washer is working fine and I do not have a sun roof.

I had a close look this morning and there were two small pools of water, nothing much. There was condensation on the metal, again nothing much. I could not see anywhere water could get in. The brown bits are sawdust not rust from previous owner.

The only suspect is that there is the end of a kind of self-tapping screw protruding through the metal from underneath. This one is next to the water and condensation.

There are two screws this side. This screw is the lower screw in this photo.

Anyway I have dried the area and propped up the carpet for drying. I have also put some kitchen roll around the two screws to show any ingress of water. Wait and see.

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
I have those screws coming thru as well + 2 closer together at the front on the other side.
There are holes punched in the insulation under the carpet so they don't rip that.
Never noticed that before but dry as a bone.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Those screws are what the foam boxes that surround the spare wheel kit are secured to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I have the two screws on the offside too.

If the boot is dry tomorrow after tonight's rain, I will go for a drive if it is still raining.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boot was dry this morning after the rain last night. Drove around in the rain this morning, boot still dry. Good news. Maybe condensation from weather conditions, who knows? Will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The boot was dry this morning after the rain last night. Drove around in the rain this morning, boot still dry. Good news. Maybe condensation from weather conditions, who knows? Will keep an eye on it.
Hi, I wonder if you solved the puzzle of the water ingress/condensation issue? I have exactly the same symptoms in my boot, in the rear nearside.

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
Hi Lanch welcome to the forum. The pipe for the rear windscreen washer can come off and cause water in the rear door which could migrate to the boot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I wonder if you solved the puzzle of the water ingress/condensation issue? I have exactly the same symptoms in my boot, in the rear nearside.
Hi, ive just done a post about fixing my boot leak. On mine the brackets that hold the boot struts were loose, all of the bolts were barely finger tight. I refitted mine with some clear silicone and some threadlock on the bolts and the boot has been dry for the last couple of months so i would suggest checking your bolts :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts