Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Yeti in March with a factory-fitted towbar as one of the options at £420.
The car has now arrived and I went to the dealership yesterday (20 June)to arrange the finance prior to collection on Monday afternoon. I noticed that there was no tow bar. The salesmen was rather evasive about this at first and told me that it had 'not been possible' to fit one at the factory and that a fitter would be doing it on Monday morning, along with another couple of cars.
Although I was a bit thrown at this, he assured me that it would be to the same standard asand with all the warrantybenefits of a factory-fitted one.
I know that others on this forum have hadproblems with retro fittings and wonder if anyone can give me some advice about what to look for and what sort of stance I should take on this. How will I know if the ECU had been recoded without taking the car home and connectiong to my caravan? Are there anyotherissues that anyone can think of? Is the dealer in breach of contract? I'm not a professional complainer but I do feel a bit uneasy and let down by this.
Thanks in advance for anysuggestions or observations.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Don't worry too much, but insist that the dealer only fits the Skoda approved Westphalia tow bar together with the ASkoda provided towing loom. These come with full instructions on how they should be coded and they "should" have a test plug to confirm that all has been done.

The only thing I would check is that the car was manufactured "with tow bar prep", which includes larger fans for the rad and the modified rear bumper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Llanigraham said:
The only thing I would check is that the car was manufactured "with tow bar prep", which includes larger fans for the rad and the modified rear bumper.

I wasn't aware of the larger fans, but was just about to mention the different rear bumper (it has a removable 'hatch' for accessing the towbar and electrics).

Also, the moulded storage box under my boot floor has a specific area for storing the detached towbar, though maybe they all have this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts